Hello!

M.S. Ray

Registered
Reaction score
My name is Mak, I am 26 from Iowa in the United States and I have started to write my first book! Im excited to interact more on this forum and not just lurk!

• How long have you been writing?
I have been writing on and off for 10 years but have never finished a manuscript. I am about to have hip sugery and will be out of work for 12 weeks so i fugured its now or never to finish one!

• What genres do you write?
Romance and fantasy.

• What do you like to read?
Romance, fantasy, thrillers, cozy mysteries and more!

• Do you beta read?
Yes, often. Although I do not offer any editing/pointing out spelling errors. I am very dyslexic and will not notice if something is spelled wrong so im no help there haha.

• Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft?
I love to read, do photography and DIY projects.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you join us, Mak. While I'm sure your upcoming surgery and recovery will be no fun, you're right that it's handing you a big opportunity to type The End.

If you'd like to volunteer to beta read for someone, we have a place for that. You can specify what you'll read and what you won't, an approximate timeline, and lots more.

Welcome!

• Love
Reactions: M.S. Ray

Foolish Frost

is just an old Fool.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Please enjoy your stay! Do not mind the broken bodies of those that have come before you, as it's not a warning to avoid your new writing endeavor!

It's a promise of the suffering you WILL enjoy as a part of our community.

Also, Make sure to read the rules for forum decorum! The automated defense moderators are without mercy, and actually seem to enjoy the occasional skeet shoot of those that become rude.

<hides from Maryn in the places even the darkness fears to walk>

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I’m invigorated from a morning ban, you know.

Maryn, wiping blood from her chin

• Haha
Reactions: Janine R

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hi Mak, and welcome to AW! You’ll love it here, I’m sure :)

We’ve got everything a writer, at every stage of their writing journey, needs, both in terms of resources and community.

I’m sure you’ve already carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered but please also peruse the FAQs linked to here, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. Doing this will not only help make the forums less overwhelming, but will also quickly get you up to speed on the culture and etiquette of the various spaces around AW.

There’s a lot here to discover, so take as much time as you need to explore, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

And if you have any questions that aren’t answered in the above resources, please don’t hesitate to ask, either here in-thread or via the private conversation option (the envelope next to the bell at the top right of page) :)

Happy writing!
Izz

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Mak, and we'll be crossing our fingers, toes, and eyes for you that your surgery goes well.

• Love

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, M.S. Ray/Mak! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard

NikkiRed

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! 26 is a great age to start you waiting journey. 😀 It is when I started mine and I encourage you to keep going. Even if it is just one sentence a day, keep developing your craft. I hope your surgery goes well and wish you the best in your recovery ❤️‍🩹.

• Love