Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Dude we should Willamette together some day!

And yes - I miss World Horror. It was such a good time! That blood pen was my favorite thing ever, it was so much better than the ones you get on Amazon - that fluid was just so much more realistic. I wish the masquerade had been bigger, but I get why the room parties were the more hopping thing (for real though WHC is still one of my favorite things I have ever done, though).

And... I figure any words is better than no words, so at least you're getting somewhere. We don't all have to be speedy. The tortoise gets there eventually, too. Sometimes it even gets there first!

For real though, I miss conventions and adventures :(

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Dude we should Willamette together some day!
That might actually be achievable one day…. 🤔

Good morning/afternoon, hounds. If I could figure out how to simultaneously ingest coffee and nap at the same time, that’s what I’d be doing right now. :Coffee::idea:

Reactions: Alessandra Kelley

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, who else can we dig up?

(and clearly that necromancer - whose gender was deeply indeterminate btw - deserves a bonus)

Reactions: soapdish

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I see I killed the thread.

As I do.

You know, we should probably post that number for the necromancer on the fridge in here. He may have been slow, but at least we know he (she? they? 🤔) was successful at least once. Maybe he can bring the thread back to life :Shrug:
Also no, no. Speaking for myself I am just deeply out of the habit of even checking in here.

Also it was less like a number and more like a dead drop.

…. Do we still have the “badum tish” smiley here? :D

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
There should be an easy to remember jingle for that - dial-a-mancer now at 1-800-res-r-ect.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sadly, it’s unlikely any ad agency is dying to represent a necromancer.

…. I will see myself out now.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Speaking of resurrecting old hounds, some of us old timers might remember Jcomp?

I just stumbled upon a podcast interview with him! And I just got his book The Spite House (haven’t started it yet). AND apparently he has his own podcast (Healthy Fears) which I just subscribed to and haven’t listened to yet.

I remember him being a really genuine and personable guy, kind and smart. He was exactly the same in this interview I listened to.

Last edited:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
It's always amazing to hear other Houndies are out in the real world doing good things. You always add such great things to my library. Thanks for sharing the info.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ok, so…Today we are supposed to have “extreme geomagnetic storms” :Wha: that could cause widespread power and communication issues, blackouts, degraded gps and satellite services, and low frequency radio outages.

Oh yeah, and possibly visible auroras.

I have never seen a warning like this.

If Shaun and I disappear into a void or something, you will know why. We may need more than a necromancer to bring us back.

:foilhat:

ETA: Apparently my whole family saw the aurora last night and took amazing pics. It’s supposed to happen tonight too. Maybe I’ll be able to stay up!

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunHorton

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
We see the aurora so often it's hard to dredge up the same excitement - but it's a lot of fun seeing everyone else have their moment with them!

Glad y'all didn't get yeeted into the solar storm void. Even if it would be pretty fun to try out new necromantic techniques trying to revive you.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I never saw the aurora :e2bummed:

Good afternoon, hounds. I am coming to you after eating too many lightly salted puffed peas. :sick:

My pain is higher than I’d like, but I’ve got good meds that should kick in in…🤔…Oh, only two more hours. :e2thud:

But aside from that, the weather is great and I am fortunate to be able to sit in the sun and brainstorm edits to two horror shorts.

I’m experimenting with the voice in one. Trying something a little different than my usual. And it’s mega frustrating. 😠

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of resurrecting old hounds, some of us old timers might remember Jcomp?

I just stumbled upon a podcast interview with him! And I just got his book The Spite House (haven’t started it yet). AND apparently he has his own podcast (Healthy Fears) which I just subscribed to and haven’t listened to yet.

I remember him being a really genuine and personable guy, kind and smart. He was exactly the same in this interview I listened to.
I did not remember he was one of us, but Spite House was a GREAT read. Loved it a lot and looking forward to whatever he does next.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also is there such a thing as too many puffed peas? Even the wasabi ones?

I missed out on the aurora. Apparently it could be seen hereabouts the first night but whteher do to angles or whatnot it didn't work out on my end.

Second night we had rain. Because of course we did.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I couldn't see it with the naked eye, but my phone camera was enough to pick up the subtle differences. Still didn't get good views though.

In other news, I started counseling last week. First session was just going through the basic questionaire so the therapist knows where I stand. Everything was pretty much fine except work is high stress and my mental health is shit. I told her that sounds about right. Looking forward to seeing what the next session brings. (I haven't brought up I'm a horror author yet.)

• Hug

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Also is there such a thing as too many puffed peas?
If it’s the Costco size bag, yes, there definitely is.
I couldn't see it with the naked eye, but my phone camera was enough to pick up the subtle differences.
Yeah, that’s sorta been the experience of everyone I talked to.
Haha. Yes! Exactly like that.