I Need a Cookie...

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Leave it alone, eat some cookies and take a nap. See--this is why I love you guys. :Hug2: Who wouldn't want to follow advice like that? Thanks!

ETA: I'm going to go try that out right now. : )

Last edited:

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Alia. I so understand! Some days are like that. I tell my prince, leave me alone for this day as I am going to write, and I just can't do it. I end up watching TV all day instead. And a cold to boot! Totally sucks.

You can have a whole package of cookies!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks guys!

I ate cookies, left my WIP alone, and took a nap. Still nothing I'm afraid, but I did get some work done on my blog, and I jotted down notes for my third WIP. Plus, I got that editing done this morning. That all counts for something. . .right? :D

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Okay, I need a cookie, though not for a bad reason. I just need to get my nerves settled and for people to keep me calm while I make a very big decision. I have received offers from two different agents this week and now I have to decide between the two. OMG...I never expected to be in this situation, not seriously. Someone pass the cookies!

Eek!

CheriVixen

Blushing Furiously
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, Congratulations! Such a big decision should not be made on an empty stomach, have a couple (they are still warm and gooey):D.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
:e2cookie:

The Cookie Monster is here to save you!!

And he's brought the cookie jar! Dig in.

Wow!! What a decision making day for you.

Kind of exciting!!! To say the least.

Good luck.

:)

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Thank you for the cookies, ladies! I thought I was excited on Monday when the first agent offered...Today I'm just on Cloud Nine! Though a bit nervous about having to say no to one of them. I hate disappointing people! Though considering that agents have to reject writers all the time, it's probably a little silly for me to feel that way...*lol*

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful dilemma to have, Kasey.

This recently happened to a friend of mine and she felt just like you. Excited but not wanting to turn one of them down.

But regardless, you are in the situation many of us just dream about, so big congratulations!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
For this you get a cookie cake. :Cake: (pretend it's oreo or chocolate chip) Both comforting and celebratory.

Way to go!!! :hooray:

And keep us up to date!

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Thank you everyone! I feel incredibly blessed to have been in this position. I finally made my official announcement in the Goals and Accomplishments Board: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97051

This is one of my favorite forums to follow, so I just wanted to share the news with you all. Thanks again!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Thanks. I had a Starbucks Hot Chocolate yesterday. Must have helped, as I've on version 4 of the synopsis from scratch. Hoping this one isn't completely embarrassing. ;)

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Can I get in on the synopsis chocolate?

I'm preparing my first ever trilogy proposal. The chapters and first synopsis are done. Not too bad.

The second synopsis is almost done -- I just don't know the black moment. Pretty major turning point to be without. <sigh>

The third synopsis...I know some of the story, but haven't even started on the synopsis yet. Oy.

And uh...I want to get this stuff to my editor on Monday.

I need a LOT of chocolate, please. <G>

Susan G., in search of the right black moment.

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Extra chocolate and mega-cookies to, Susan G!

As a panster of epic proportions, I can certainly appreciate the stress of having to submit a synopsis for something I have yet to write.

GAH! I can barely handle a synop for the completed projects.:cry:

<hands Susan her leftover from Easter eggies>

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
I'm with Lainey. If ever I get to this point in my career, I'll solicit your prayers.

Sending double-chocolate Biscotti your way. Dip in hot coffee, jam into face. Repeat as required.

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Thanks, guys! You're all wonderful! I appreciate all that chocolate, especially leftover Easter chocolates.

Yeah, this writing-the-synopsis-first thing is tough.

I managed to get the second synopsis finished, and I just finished the third synopsis.

The third is a really "risky" type story, one I'm just dying to deal with the challenge of telling, so I'm hoping it will fly, not crash and burn.

I'm waiting for my CPs to take a run over it before I send it to my editor.

Then I'll need chooclate to deal with the stress and worry of wondering what the eds will think of it. <sigh>

I love this job. <G>

Susan G.

Hildegarde

A newb in the fog
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nightmarefactory.com
Thanks, guys! You're all wonderful! I appreciate all that chocolate, especially leftover Easter chocolates.

Yeah, this writing-the-synopsis-first thing is tough.

I managed to get the second synopsis finished, and I just finished the third synopsis.

The third is a really "risky" type story, one I'm just dying to deal with the challenge of telling, so I'm hoping it will fly, not crash and burn.

I'm waiting for my CPs to take a run over it before I send it to my editor.

Then I'll need chooclate to deal with the stress and worry of wondering what the eds will think of it. <sigh>

I love this job. <G>

Susan G.

Piles of congratulatory chocolate coming your way for 1)meeting your deadline 2) pitching the series and 3)stashing for future emergencies

Go, you!

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
LOL. Thanks!

Celebratory chocolate all around as the triology proposal is now in the hands of my editor. (We can also call it stressing/anxiety chocolate as the trilogy proposal is now in the hands of my editor. <G>)

Susan G.

bylinebree

Still Seeking the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.breedavison.wordpress.com
Susan, my sugar-free Dove's are all yours...they are not doing the trick right now. Can't you just fake the third one of the trilogy? Heh.

I need a cookie...a rich, chocolate-y one I don't have to bake myself!! Because I really, really need a great beta-reader. Though I had one but she's kinda flaked out on me -- and she's not a writer! My writer friends make lousy betas (sniff) I left my crit grp because it was a one-way street & I got tired, and now I's feeling all alone, ya'll.

Getting a lot of writing done - but feeling so alone!
Ok. Pity party done now.

Cookies all-around to everyone who needs them!