• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Levine Greenberg Rostan Literary Agency (formerly Levine Greenberg Literary Agency)

Amherst

Registered
Reaction score
Levine Greenberg

OK, probably doing this all wrong, but...has anyone deal with Victoria Skurnick at this agency? Thanks!

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, you're doing it wrong.

Not to worry I'm sure a moderator will come along soon and merge this with the proper thread.

<link snipped>

Is where you want to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loquacis

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Monika Verma? There isn't too much about her on the interwebs.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Another question about Monika Verma: although the LG website says to not query agents directly and to use their website form, on QueryTracker it appears that Ms. Verma responds to queries personally. I wonder, is that to queries sent to her own email address or through the website form? Anyone?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I used the online form, only because it allows me to enter more information about myself, etc. without making the query letter too bulky. I'm disappointed I couldn't specify an agent, so I hope it makes its way to Elizabeth, who seems interested in foreign settings.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Chumplet. Sometimes agents have personal preferences that contradict what the agency website says, and I thought that might be the case here.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Another question about Monika Verma: although the LG website says to not query agents directly and to use their website form, on QueryTracker it appears that Ms. Verma responds to queries personally. I wonder, is that to queries sent to her own email address or through the website form? Anyone?

In December, I queried using her personal email address and she never responded. I always wondered if I should've used the form or the generic email. :Shrug:

herenow

Registered
Reaction score
I see Elizabeth Fisher is down for middle grade on the website, but when I check Publishers Marketplace I don't see her having sold any books in the last two years. Am I missing something?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I see Elizabeth Fisher is down for middle grade on the website, but when I check Publishers Marketplace I don't see her having sold any books in the last two years. Am I missing something?

Not all agents report their sales on PM.

Loquacis

Registered
Reaction score
Not all sales are listed on Publisher's Marketplace. I don't know if that's the case for Ms. Fisher, but just throwing that out there...

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute -- I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I'm not clear on something. Those of you who emailed LG agents directly: did you include 50 pages with your query, as they request when using the form? Or did you send the query only?

Arkady, I included the first 50.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
I just queried Elizabeth Fisher and she said she's no longer taking new clients... I'm not sure if it was a disguised rejection or if it's actually true.
Anyone else has news about her?

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
I just queried Elizabeth Fisher and she said she's no longer taking new clients... I'm not sure if it was a disguised rejection or if it's actually true.
Anyone else has news about her?

I would think agents are so accustomed to sending out rejections, they wouldn't feel the need to disguise one. It's part of the job.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Last I heard, she requested a partial from me in July and rejected me coming up on a month ago. She made no mention of not taking any more new clients at the time.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Thanks for your quick replies!
I queried Ms. Fisher in May, asked for partial, and then passed. And now I was querying her with another project...

Loquacis

Registered
Reaction score
I've had recent interaction with Ms. Fisher that leads me to believe she's really not taking any new clients :)

DanielKoehler

reverse backward masker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.smashwords.com
Victoria Skurnick

OK, probably doing this all wrong, but...has anyone deal with Victoria Skurnick at this agency? Thanks!

Victoria's terrific IMO. Former Exec. Ed at BOMC. Very cordial and encouraging. I would love to work with her.

She asked for full on my second novel. Passed but asked me to send her the next thing I wrote. Sent her my latest novel, "Splitting Washington," which she also passed on as below:

"Daniel.

I'm sorry to say I cannot take this novel on. It's very professional, but I'm afraid that in this economy, fiction has become nearly impossible to sell, and I do not think I could succeed for you. I hope you find an agent who proves me a fool. Very best luck, Victoria"

OctoberRain

I triple dog dare you.
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria is awesome. Mind you, I'm biased, since she's my agent. :) She has a keen editorial eye and is a very, very smart lady. And, having been in the publishing biz for a long time, she knows just about everybody.