• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Melanie Mills

RottenLuckWillie

Re: Note from Kat Baker

Each bit of news only makes this more bizarre. 0] When you go back and read the posts, it reads like a bad tv movie. How in hell did I ever get messed up with lady? I wish I could tell you, then I'd know.
rlw

Kuorisama

Bad TV Movie

It may read like a bad tv movie, but I bet (to the screen writer who bangs it out) it would make some money. Still something of a tragedy but less so than the Jessica Lynch and Elizabeth Smart movies. People might think of it as a break from the current fare.

reph

Melanie's trash

Yes, Melanie is trash. But that's not what I meant.

Victoria wrote: "[The detective] told me that the trash receptacles outside or near her former office were filled with paper."

Presumably that material was preserved as evidence?

Rscribe

Hmm--the reports of paper in the trash receptacles is very interesting. IF N. Myrtle Beach detectives did go through the stuff looking for evidence, & IF they found manuscripts, I'm glad the cop in my novel was intelligent, handsome, & lovable.

XThe NavigatorX

Re: It IS her!

Has there been an influx of homeless people from South Carolina publishing first novels? :lol

RottenLuckWillie

RCMP

The RCMP said they would call. Haven't heard anything yet. Anybody else?

absolutewrite

Re: Note from Kat Baker

I can't believe nobody told me this was going on!

For goodness sake, when something as exciting as this happens, somebody email me! I haven't checked the bewares board in about two weeks, and missed the first round of celebrations.

But now that I have arrived, may I suggest a second round of celebrations? :D

Champagne all around! May Melanie send apology notes to all of the writers she misled... from her dank, cold jail cell. :lol

Thank you to everyone who told us what was happening, and thanks to Victoria, who works tirelessly behind the scenes on cases like this.

absolutewrite

Re: The Continuing Saga

Hey brightm, would you e-mail me at Jenglatzer @ aol.com, please?

cdcasserly

"Trash" Talkin' Melanie

Speaking of Melanie's trash... does anyone know her real address, residence and/or business, in N. Myrtle? When I visited 4009 N. Ocean Blvd in July, it sure was a far far cry from what she described to me in our many phone /email conversations. Was that her business address or just a mail drop?

As far as the Kat Baker Story, my guess now (isn't hindsight wonderful?) is that she was "born" in mid-May when the messages on this board came to her attention and she emailed her clients with this defensive letter and her talk of "working only with those clients who trusted her." that's when she first went to Europe because of a 'sick relative."

RottenLuckWillie

address

The only addresses I had for her was the 4009 and a PO box. I did some poking around on the Horry County (North Myrtle Beach) website using the 4009 address. I found some interesting/suspicious things in the property records that made me think she owned the 4009 property, but that is certainly not confirmed. I also found where she was 'renting' condos on couple of North Myrtle Beach tourism sites. All the phone numbers etc. matched up. Now that we have the Von Hustlewoman :p name, I should try it again. I will when I get a chance.
rlw

betjam

Mindblowing

I hope Mindblowing saw this he was so upset about her
He would be glad she was caught.

betjam

Hooray for you

Thanks for all your work on this Melanie deal. I think you did a lot in keeping things open and moving in the investagation.

betjam

Victoria

I replied to a message with your name and I thought it would go under that message the ubove message is for you. Hooray to you

brightm

absolutewrite

absolutewrite (Jenna), I sent you an email, but you haven't gotten back with me. Was wondering if it even made it to you. Have to admit, I'm pretty curious. If you didn't get it, post a message here and I'll try again.

brightm

noelschutz

The Continuing Saga...read the latest...

Melanie is to appear in court Monday (today) and there is a nice write up at the following website:

www.globeandmail.com/serv...int/Front/

There is a 1999 photo from Arkansas of her there, so I now have two photos of her if anyone is interested (but you can download the one on the above site).

Some interesting comments about how she appeared to folks in S.C. and Banff. Also that her mother and father (the latter since deceased) immigrated to Canada ten years prior to the Arkansas incident where he tried to run her mother down. Her mother sold off holdings and returned to Germany apparently, and was a wealthy countess. So enjoy reading it. We will see about the court hearing shortly.

Noel

noelschutz

P.S.

Typo, so change to: "...where he tried to run her [mother] down..." --Noel

marky48

Re: address

I may add for those who poo poo writer beware, being quoted as a expert on these matters by major newspapers in two countries is pretty good evidence of major watchdog status and legitimacy. Meiners better watch out because the reporters will visit both places and that doesn't bode well for one: Meiners.

RottenLuckWillie

Re: address

Hooray for VS! Nice job. I saw the picture. It's her. Such a psycho!
rlw

noelschutz

An odd e-Bay ad

There is an ebay add for bidding (starting at 10,000) for the book SINS by L. S. Thomas (pen name for Melanie Mills, etc.).

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tegory=377

Is this a joke? It is headed with FUGITIVE VON HULLESSEM/HACKNEY/MILLS and the description reads:

A woman with 4 identities sensationalized in the news media throughout North America.

"Sins" by L.R.Thomas.

Hackney becomes a fugitive after a disagreement with her mother, Countess von Hullessem (read "Sins" for the details) in November, 1999. She establishes a new life as literary agent Mills, in North Myrtle Beach, SC, then finally returns to her native Canada seeking sanctuary and protection from the United States. von Hullessem wants to share the slendor [sic] of Banff with writers by throwing the Banff Writers Conference. Location and famous literary agents and editors were not enough to entice writers to attend the conference; von Hullessem learned the hard way.

Winning bidder will also receive:

invitation to a 1 hour lunch with the author, the first week of May 2004 in beautiful Victoria BC. Background check of buyer will be required.

Autographed "Sins" novel and photograph of author.

10 page excerpt of her humourous autobiography entitled "Damsel in Distress".

This looks like a lampoon! --Noel

vstrauss

Re: An odd e-Bay ad

IMO the eBay thing is the real thing...In addition to her other frauds, "Mills" ran scams on eBay (I heard from someone who she took for over $1,000), so she is familiar with eBay as a venue. Note that the seller is registered in Canada; note also the sympathetic description of the attempted murder of Mom, and of what happened in Banff (gee, Ms. Alias just wanted to make writers happy!). I'm betting this is Mills/von Hullessem/Hackney herself, trying to make a buck from her newfound notoriety.

But the funniest part...Wanna know who the publisher of SINS is? C'mon, guess....

PUBLISHAMERICA!!!

Is that a hoot or what?

- Victoria
Writer Beware
www.writerbeware.com/

FM St George

Re: The Continuing Saga...read the latest...

it's almost... impossible to comment on that...

:lol

the sad thing is that it's got to be one of the WORST eBay auctions I've ever seen - thank GAWD no one's actually bid on it...

if I were PA I'd be pulling her book off the site fast... but then, probably not...

:b

RottenLuckWillie

Re: The Continuing Saga...read the latest...

This is so funny. I've been thinking of sending her a telegram in jail. Several things have crossed my mind. Maybe a bill? Any ideas from you - all?:evil
rlw

James D Macdonald

Hey, do you think that PA is going to put Melanie/Elizabeth in their Up In Lights section?

RottenLuckWillie

:rollin Oh yeah, I think that's a given. 'Cept the marquee is getting a bit faded, don't you think?
rlw