NEPAT Overflow

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
:) Brinkett--that was, in fact, the overwhelming consensus of the box full of PMs I've been trying to get to, this afternoon.

Look up. :)
Ahhh... :) You're too fast on that delete button, Madamoiselle MacAllister!

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
This is like watching a Norweigan film in Morocco, after having missed the first ten minutes and trying to piece together what's happening after all the cuts for religious reasons.

I knew I wouldn't understand, but I came in here anyway. My fault.

Os.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I missed something volatile? Aaaaarghhh!!! I'll never leave the house again! :Headbang:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Just delete your post, Cao. Then it will look like you were part of the bruhaha.
Ah! Or if you say please, I could do it FOR you!

I was realizing last night how much PA refuses to see that its writers are human beings, with feelings, faces, families, and so on.

When someone sends them a manuscript, that ms. isn't just words on a page to the writer--it represents lost sleep, missed evenings spent with spouse or kids, dishes too long in the sink, and books still waiting to be read. The manuscript is a piece of someone's life.

It deserves some respect.

Little wonder the feeling of betrayal can be so deep, when the level of PA's perfidy finally becomes clear.

Last edited:

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
YES! Here is the place where I could say that I'm glad the Neverending Thread is open again without being off-topic. Thanks, Jim. :) And thanks for agreeing to moderate that thread, and thanks to Jenna for letting it reopen.

I missed the community we'd built up in that thread - and I know that's not what the thread is for. So, perhaps this thread can be the place for the more community-aspects, and we can reserve the Neverending thread to be the place where we stay on-topic about getting the truth about PA out to the world.

:)

Susan G.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Noticed something about Meiner's book...

Did you see the Listmania choices that come up when you are on the page for Meiner's latest book?

One is a list of Farces, and another is called "Bimbo Make-over reference works"!
:ROFL:

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Christine N. said:
So, anything new from our friend Shemp??? He was always a fun topic, but he's been quiet as far as I can tell.

We just had a major holiday weekend. No doubt he died again.

The next major holiday is Labor Day—maybe he'll be reborn then.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
You may be right, PV. Over in the Land of Poz, our friend has pretty much disappeared off the radar screen. Lynn Barry got reinstated, though, and seems happy about it. Maybe Shemp will also peep up over the battlements directly...

John

Kevin Yarbrough

Will write for peace of mind
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't he pretty much vanish after Jenna closed the Nepat thread down? My thinking is since Nepat is now open and Lynn is back he will come back soon enough. After all, he can't have us saying stuff and the main 'Hen' back and not have a few words to say about it.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Gravity said:
You may be right, PV. Over in the Land of Poz, our friend has pretty much disappeared off the radar screen. Lynn Barry got reinstated, though, and seems happy about it. Maybe Shemp will also peep up over the battlements directly...
Reinstated??? Is that how they put it? What, was she put on leave without pay? That, of course, implies she might get pay...bets?

Rob :)

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Ugh, I was just over looking at the PA boards. They made me want to throw up. There's a thread about Weiner's book and how "great it is" and how the "old school will be going down."

Then there's another thread about B&N and their refusal to order books, blah, blah, blah. The "I'm not self published" rears its ugly head.

I want to alternately choke the crap out of these people and hug them. Weiner's book is just his way of blanket brainwashing the authors. They really think that the things in that book are the truth about the publishing industry.

It's frightening - the PA bible has arrived. One more step on the way to becoming a full blown cult.

'Scuse me, I have to go wash my eyeballs. And puke.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Christine N. said:
It's frightening - the PA bible has arrived. One more step on the way to becoming a full blown cult.

Chris, I think you've nailed it. What's a cult without guidebook? I mean, in Willie, Clopper, and Miranda we have the (unholy) Trinity, PA is the author's Promised Land, and now we have the Word coming from the hand of the Creator himself. "Go forth, take this tome and sucker them, er, that is, gather them in, my children..."

So who's the snake in this particular Passionless Play? I vote for Uncle Jim! :D

John (who obviously needs some more time studying the real Bible...)

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Try as I might

I read Weiner as weener. Can't be helped. Maybe I need new glasses? Nah, I believe I'm seeing it correctly.

Now, what are the chances that Clophead will come down from his ivory bathroom/throne with the new commandments? Naturally, they will be deemed mandatory for all to follow. One of which will be: Shemp has first right of refusal on which holiday to die or resurrect.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Gravity said:
So who's the snake in this particular Passionless Play? I vote for Uncle Jim!
Isn't there a bit somewhere in Kings where they list out all the foreign Gods and Goddesses that the people worshipped when they were naughty? Baal, Molech, Chemosh, Milcom, Ashtoreth, etc.?

I wanna be Ashtoreth.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
LOL Jenn!

Over on the PA board, under the "Authors quoted in blah, blah blah..." thread, they've noticed the bad reviews. These reviews are well thought out and insightful, if not flattering. They are not direct attacks against the author or his relatives.

The PA authors STILL are defending the book! "Oh it's obvious none of those people read it." Excuse me?? One even had a QUOTE from the book to show how horrible the writing and editing was.

Even when shown the truth in all its glorious color, they won't believe it.

Ugh.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerjenn said:
Oh cripes, Christine...lol. For a second, I forgot that MEINER is his real last name. WEINER just looked um... 'right'.

Jenn

You mean his name isn't wiener? Oh, my...