Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Parum, I don't think we can vote to keep it like this as it's an April Fool's joke, but if you're talking about the font size, I think Sage said we can increase the resolution by hitting ctrl and either the dash or plus sign on our keyboards.

Logging off for now. I'll try and poke my head in later.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Hey guys,

I don't have the money to self-publish. Not to mention no money to advertise and promote. lol

Where do we unofficially vote to keep things like this! I like it!!!

I do like the tan coloring rather than blue, lol.

Plus the font is better/easier to read.....

Last edited:

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by

PollyAnna

Keepin' it Real-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Ha ha!! I like the thread title way better: 'Ancient Wisdom'. Yes. I haz it.

Happy April Fool's all!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

Thankz Netz. Lol. I made my vote. I think this should stay. I'll get used to the funky names, although we might need to make a 'guide' thread for the newbies. You know, have a page totally devoted to "If you have just joined us, and are looking for...., you may want to try..." Chuckle. Cause the newbies are probably pretty miffed right now if they have not bookmarked this or subscribed (which actually being a newbie still myself- I have yet to figure out). Laugh. Thank goodness for the history button so I can still get into the 'YAWNing' spot. ;)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Love the names though, this rocks!:)

Thanks again Netz. Posted the poll page in the teen4teen spot so that they know about it. They are having a big debate about the chang, or were, lol

Last edited:

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
*votes in the poll* :DI vote we at LEAST keep the smileys, if nothing else... they are awesome.:)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
The numbers are really moving up there. Lol

Tried to change my Avi, but the setting won't let me. They keep defaulting to the dragon. Oh well, he's cute. I guess I'm just stuck with him the rest of my life. Not a bad thing, but I was gonna go steampunk just for today. Lol

Yay, I got it, I got - okay, not really steampunk, but a change. At least this one worked. Lol

Last edited:

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, this format is cracking me up. Ancient wisdom, ha! I'm not THAT old yet am I? (yes, yes I am).

It must be part subliminal messaging, I really want to read a Steampunk book now!

I'm a Newbie and managed to find everything w/o a bookmark, but if it was my first day, no way. Pretty funny though.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pezie!

Glad you made it! Did you vote on the poll whether to keep this theme or not?

Netz left a link, if you want to cast your vote. lol

How's the writing going? I have 62 pages now, managed 19 last night. Need to make more progress. Chuckle.
:tongue

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
He,y parumpdragon! Oh goodness, I am not as fast as you! Didn't get much done last night as it was my husband's birthday. Today I have a sick kid. Yuck.

I managed to add about 4 pages yesterday though (MS Word pages, is that what you mean?). Weekends are really my time to get crankin' since I can pass the kiddos off to the hubs.

I'm also working on trying to get things like a blog set up. I purchased a domain name and then was like, "Uh...now what?" I'm so NOT tech savvy, but I think I know what to do next (call my BIL who works for Microsoft, hehe).

Trying to balance out research for book + research of the industry + writing. I think I just need to write the freaking book and worry about the rest after that!

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Whoa. Computer spazzed there for a second. Holy typo on the he,y. LOL! That should be Hey,

Anyhoo. Off to vote!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pezie

No, I have Mac, so I use the 'Pages' document. Anyway, I managed about 8000-10,000 words last night. That should be more clear. Yeah, so I am writing along.

The most I ever manage in a day was 18000, but I wrote all day. I just stopped for meals and restroom breaks. I was out of control and the words just kept coming. Laugh.

I have the luxury of no distractions a lot of the time. Big laugh.

What do you think of the steampunk alice? I finally found a proper avi for today. Laugh.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Very nice on the Alice. Love it!

Yes, that makes more sense :). I would love a day like that to devote fully to writing, though honestly, if I had one, I'd probably waste it, LOL! I think I tend to do better under pressure. Like, "OK, I've got 2 hours by myself...go!" It would still be lovely to just be able to go, go, go though.

I will have to see if they added any steampunk av's for the newbies, I don't think I can change mine yet (isn't there a minimum post count for that?).

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Cool, good you work well under pressure.

Uhm, as for the avitar, I don't think there is a limit. I put the original dragon picture on at 30 posts just because I couldn't figure it out before then. It is on the oatmeal colored bar here, when you click 'UserCP', and then you got down the list on the left hand side until you find the text 'Edit Avatar'. It is below 'Edit Profile Pic'.

As for the Avi, I just Googled 'Steampunk wallpaper', and took a desktop photo of what popped up. Lol. I did not know they were offering punk picks here. I am a doofus. oh well. But they had all kinds of stuff on the web, so that is how I got her.

You should be able to change yours. It's just the file size that matters. 64 mb or something, or 120x150 pixels, anyway it says when you try to change you pic, what size is allowed.;)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Last year this thread was "Golden Girls writing for teens" (I think we were 95% women then)

TWFT was Zygotes Writing for Teens last year.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Chuckle at the 'zygotes' thing. That's pretty funny. Maybe next year they should be 'tadpoles'. Double chuckle. :ROFL:

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Last year this thread was "Golden Girls writing for teens" (I think we were 95% women then)

TWFT was Zygotes Writing for Teens last year.

YES!!! I'd forgotten that! I loved the Golden Girls reference, and the zygotes was hilarious too!

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
I love this layout!! :D

My query can be commented upon on Matt's blog today. Go check it out pleases?

So much to do today, and hopefully getting writing done. I slept super-late, and regret nothing, lol.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Gah. I've got to get off the boards (yeah... not gonna happen). All this exposure to steampunk is germinating shiny new ideas when I don't need any!

Two little MG plots just dropped into my brain!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it that the first day I'm not around thread activity jumps like 200%? I fall asleep, go to class, and come back to three pages to read.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! This place always goes crazy April 1st.

I think AbsoluteTwilight was my first experience with it, and it was AWESOME.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
What better day than April Fools to come out of hiding! Now that this font's nice and big, I don't have to squint. Gosh I hope it sticks around, even if the thread's calling me ancient.

Status
Not open for further replies.