Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallenie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck a bit. So instead of writing I'm looking at clothes I think my characters would wear and making playlists for each of them.

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
I hate outlining. But I have to. Sigh. Hopefully this one will stick. Will keep working on it for the next week. I don't want to finish it quickly, like usual, since I think that's been the problem.

@Kallenie, at least it's story related, as opposed to my usual habit of doing something totally unrelated to writing. ;)

Mandiloo322

[Shhhh....I'm writing.]
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck a bit. So instead of writing I'm looking at clothes I think my characters would wear and making playlists for each of them.

Hi - I'm new around here and was told to check out this thread, since this is my favorite genre. Anyway, the point is I'm glad somebody else does this! A few weeks ago I freaked out with a friend of mine because while looking for shoes, I stumbled upon my protagonist's boots. :)

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck too...

I know where I want to get to just can't get the idea to grow.

nerdyglam

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm kind of still frustrated, you guys. The query critiques I won haven't come back. I've heard from one person who said she'd get it to me by the end of the weekend....

It's Sunday.

And the other hasn't said anything. I know things come up, and in the scheme of things but... I want to query soon... :-/

That stinks. Did you post your query in SYW already?

Last edited:

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
Yeah SYW and QLH have seen it multiple times, but I won one of the many charity auctions around, so paid $40 for this. I want them to get to it before I send to one final mentor.... I'd hoped to be sending them out by Wednesday :-/

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi - I'm new around here and was told to check out this thread, since this is my favorite genre. Anyway, the point is I'm glad somebody else does this! A few weeks ago I freaked out with a friend of mine because while looking for shoes, I stumbled upon my protagonist's boots. :)

Welcome to the thread! :welcome:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Pd, what is in your siggy?

isnt that the DW girl?

Yes, it is Amy Pond of DR WHO. Lol, ahhh the guy/girl with the skull head in Hounds posted it. Here's the real size. :D

AmyPond-1.png

I thought it was sooo cute the way she is looking at her figurine - that or she gets shrunk on DW, not really sure. :D

Last edited:

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
So its been killing me to ask, what is the basis for the freaks books...it intrigues me.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
So its been killing me to ask, what is the basis for the freaks books...it intrigues me.

There's a long answer to that one. You should have been in YAWN with us a month ago. Lots of horror... :D She's got quite an imagination when it comes to her freaks - but it works. ;)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it quite a complicated story... hummm... now every time someone asks i try to think of the perfect way to sum it all up... but well... there is no simple way to put it... without my Freaks sounding cliche... which they aren't at all.

Frequently Random Eccentric Acting Kinks. Freaks for short. There are only 4 on earth. Ally, Max, Laura, and Pip. (where amlp in my username comes from) No one really knows what exactly they are... best guess is the next step in human evolution. They are 4 teens with astonishing abilities that push close to superhuman but are all explainable with real life science. (I'm a science nerd)

If you want a more detailed explanation I can PM it too you... but i wouldnt want to bore anyone here.

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
I always think of it as being somewhat like mythbusters lol. (I hope you're not offended by that Ally)

Also, another nickname Ally Ronnie for Veronica but nobody then thinks it's spelled Veronnica

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
@ Ally, that was a perfect sum-up

@Lissy - very true, but then some spelling are just like so engrained or set in stone no one thinks twice about it. :D

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
No honestly I am curious, I even tried to google it too see if anything was published yet. I'm a science geek, my son watches more discovery and Science than any other 10 year old I have ever heard of. I think his idols are Adam and Jamie.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Mythbusters!!!! same here! I was a lot like your son when i was little and hell now i'm a chem major hoping to go onto Forensics

No, unfortunately nothing has been published, Im just talented with making fake covers.... havent even sent out a query letter and I'm on the eight book in my series, and have been writing it for like 9 years.

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
At this moment I am sitting with my 6 year old on the couch watching Caliou. The boy is at yellowstone for a week. Im going to loose so many IQ points by friday.

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Kids tv shows just aren't like they used to be *sigh*

I'm writing (I finally was just like whatever - I have enough outline for now, I want to write) and talking a walk down memory line with the music I'm listening too.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i'm going to start writing soon too... but now Game of Thrones came on so i'm distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.