Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
My girls just lost their championship game 3-2. It was heart breaking. They were so devastated. But to get to the championship, when I only had 4 returning players, was amazing. I'm so proud of them. I just wish I could take their disappointment away.

At least almost all of them are back next year :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I keep feeling tempted to revive Electric Dreamer and self publish it. More so all of a sudden because of my Createspace Winner's Code from NaNo.

Either that, or I'll use the code to self publish some short stories.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
LisaLu! Revive Stupid Cupid! The concept and the title is awesome and very commercial. You're onto something there. Electric Dreamer will wait. And, yeah, with some work, EC will be good! But, dangit, girl, do Stupid Cupid.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Do I count? I'm a twenty-three year old woman writing for older teens, specifically aiming to write light novels. (Novels with sequential art illustrations every so often aimed toward young adults.)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: JustSarah - you count, none of us are really 'old' in here. It just means 'not in our teens anymore'. :D

SweetSerynity

Registered
Reaction score
I was here awhile back. Just participated in NaNo and fell in love with my story. Want to get it in pristine shape and am looking forward to receiving as much advice as possible.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to do a blog post and YouTube embedding is not happening. Gah.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
My girls just lost their championship game 3-2. It was heart breaking. They were so devastated. But to get to the championship, when I only had 4 returning players, was amazing. I'm so proud of them. I just wish I could take their disappointment away.

At least almost all of them are back next year :)

(((((kewii)))))) I can only imagine how sad and disappointed they are. It hurts. Plain and simple.

Welcome Sarah, and welcome back SweetSerynity. :)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii, 3-2 is so close. Sorry they lost:(

Welcome Sarah and Serynity. Nobody is really old here, except maybe Kansas.

Anyone get a tooth pulled? Does it hurt afterwards? My teen is going in tomorrow to get a baby tooth pulled. It isn't loose, and never will be the way the adult tooth is coming in sideways.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Sarah and Serynity. Nobody is really old here, except maybe Kansas.

LOL. Kansas is going to send you somewhere over the rainbow where the sun don't shine for that one! Joking. But we must add that Kansas is the COOLEST dude on this board. Mullet and all. Yes, I called you a dude, Kansas! :D :D

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) They're doing better today. And that pizza party I arranged has them back in good spirits.

Oh well. Onto the next season.

And hello to the new old timers. Most of us are friendly...but watch out for Kansas. He bites. :D

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Wait...Kansas has a mullet? o_O

I was supposed to work on revisions yesterday but I instead spent it watching my roommate's friend play video games in our apartment and meeting a writer friend at 4pm. But I am getting over a fever and now I have a freakin chest cough:rant: so I guess I kinda have an excuse...

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hi Serynity and Sarah!

Hope you feel better, Smiley!

Anyone get a tooth pulled? Does it hurt afterwards? My teen is going in tomorrow to get a baby tooth pulled. It isn't loose, and never will be the way the adult tooth is coming in sideways.

I had to get several baby teeth pulled when I got braces. Hurt like the dickens! I was sore for maybe a day, then it went away. Nothing compared having my wisdom teeth out!

On the subject of mullets, a guy came to where I work to streamline our records retention policy. Mid to late 50s. Blazer, khakis, tie. Mullet. Greased back and curly, salt and pepper. All business in the front, sleek 1980s party in the back. All I did during his presentation was stare and wonder about it. Does he think this is a good look? Does he have a wife? Hasn't she spoken up? When he asked if we had any questions, I almost blurted "Why? Why the mullet?" I'm from Alabama, so I'm used to seeing mullets in the wild, just not in a professional setting. It had me quite baffled.

idontknowwhatimdoing

Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing great!

I've been pouring myself into revisions on my book, just so I can be DONE. I want to write something different, already. Something simpler. :p Plus, I've been working on this book for 2 years. (Yeah, I know.)

I have a niggling feeling that this book, my first, isn't "the one." (you all are like DUH , first books are almost never "the one") But I still am going to query it, just in case. And as soon as I hit send, it's on to the next. I want to be at that "hit send" point already! grr.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
:
On the subject of mullets, a guy came to where I work to streamline our records retention policy... I'm from Alabama, so I'm used to seeing mullets in the wild, just not in a professional setting. It had me quite baffled.

LOVE this!!! :roll:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! ...
I have a niggling feeling that this book, my first, isn't "the one." (you all are like DUH , first books are almost never "the one") But I still am going to query it, just in case. And as soon as I hit send, it's on to the next. I want to be at that "hit send" point already! grr.

Never say never. And don't give up on a first book just because it's a 'first book', my first book is being published as a free prequel in March by my publisher.

It's shorter and different from the original draft [set from another character's POV this time], but it lives on - so don't say 'never'.

Mysterious and wondrous things can happen. ;)

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Well I actually did not get my baby teeth pulled until I turned around 21. It hurt for days, and I had to use a salt water rinse.

I have roughly an idea of the chapter format I'm going to go with, and I still need to finish fleshing out the two societies in my book. And then its character profiles.D: I have a hard time just starting.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I have roughly an idea of the chapter format I'm going to go with, and I still need to finish fleshing out the two societies in my book. And then its character profiles.D: I have a hard time just starting.

I used to have a hard time with the first sentence.

I'd cheat by describing the weather, even using a line as corny as 'it was a dark an stormy night' can work... the point is to get your words moving and flowing. You can always rework/edit/add the beginning later ;)

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
AIEEEEEEE (Shrieking like a young girl)!

Nobody is really old here, except maybe Kansas.

Gah! Why, JK if it wasn't for my rheumatism, arthritis and senility, I'd give you a thorough tongue-lashing! Whippersnapper! (And thanks, Mel, for coming to my rescue!).

Welcome Sarah and Serynity!

And no, Smiley, I don't have a mullet! I do enjoy seeing my fellow Kansans rock them, though. Always makes me feel better about myself.

On a completely different note, I was inducted (rooked!) into participating in a round-robin Christmas tale. My opening salvo's up first. Drop on by if you get a chance: http://sueperkinsauthor.blogspot.com/

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, what's the quickest way to create a DOB for a character? I need it for a uni project.

Status
Not open for further replies.