Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
Waiting for feedback from my agent on the completed fantasy romance novel I sent her on Halloween. It's an Alice in Wonderland spinoff. So now I'm plotting a new project that may be the first in a series. It's kind of experimental so I don't know if I'll actually go through with it or not. It's an NA romance centered around online dating. Uhm... very different for me. But I have plot ideas for at least 3 books, so I'm going to give it a shot.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm attempting to write a young reader picture book aimed at the 5 to 9 age group, 500 to 2000 words. And I'm failing miserably at it. I'm way out of my league and trying to cobble this thing together. It ain't working. So, looks like time to research and study, and join the children's writing group here and get a serious handle on this project, lest I embarrass myself and agent all to hell.

tri

Last edited:

Lisagh

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing the first in a series of three I have planned so far. It's a romance at its heart, but my characters work in the paranormal field. I have NO idea what genre this would be under, so I'm going to wing it and guess romance. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it soon. :)

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm currently working on my NaNoWriMo novel - futuristic m/m romance. The one I was querying last time I posted on here sold and I'm expecting edits for it any time. I finished the draft of the short I mentioned. Trying to decide what to do with it. It fits a current submission call for an anthology - if I can trim to down by around 3k words! Plenty of time to decide. And I'm on fire with ideas for new stuff, so have plenty on the go for next year too.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd chime in with my projects. But first, I want to say how great it is to read that other people are completing wips, realising they need to do more research (that's me damn it!) and writing up a storm. Also, that other writers are venturing into genre territories unknown makes me feel confident that I, too, will be able to do the same.

I just finished second book in space op romance trilogy and am putting writing the third book aside while I wait and see what happens with the pitch to my editor. I'm 35k into writing my first ever historical romance (have to stop now as I need to do more research into the language and other things). In the mean time I my second NA romance and hope to finish the first draft by end of Jan.

Happy writing everyone!

Last edited:

FionnJameson

Fionn: 0/Year: 24
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a few projects right now, mostly on the two stories that are in the "coming soon" section of my signature. Those are in edits status, but I'm also on the first draft of a contemp ero-romance set in Tokyo about a journalist and the subject she falls for, who might be mentally unstable. :) Angst-town, here I come!

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm continuing the draft I started during NaNoWriMo. Got back to it yesterday after having to do other more urgent stuff for a couple of weeks. I hope to finish that by the end of December. And I have two short story drafts currently having a rest and awaiting editing in the new year.

AriesEmily

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the clock at my day job... So I should be writing logic models... Let's hope IT isn't monitoring this.

What I wish I was doing was working on my very first book (yeay me) where according to my beta (and homie) the heroine is too strong, assertive, and cool that she overshadows the hero. One one hand that's bad as its a romance so the hero needs to be fantasy worthy. On the other hand, the heroine is based on me so I guess I rock.

Aaaaand back to logic models...

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Yay, I finished the NaNoWriMo draft. A bit ahead of expected actually. And just in time for a new round of edits from my publisher for the next release. At least I'll get a break over Christmas. :D

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
I'm currently trying to write a story that starts off with an unusual way of meeting, and getting my most recently finished manuscript ready for my Alpha readers.

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Just finished the first draft of a novel yesterday. Phew! Day off today and tomorrow I'll start on a short thing - which will either be a long short story or a short novellette depending on exactly how long it turns out. That should take me a couple of weeks, then I'll be having a bit of a break to go visit family - though I'll undoubtedly find some writing stuff to do! Editing or outlining probably.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Small-town contemporary romance satire...or something like that. dunno what I'm going to do with it.
Nearly ready to start editing an erotic romance novelette.

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
Finishing up two paranormals for my series, and its spin-off. I want them both done by the end of this week!

Then I need to start the next romantic suspense. I'm releasing it in September, and I've been getting fan emails every day for the last year about this couple. I'm a bit nervous...

Andieee

Potatoes gon' potate.
Registered
Reaction score
Procrastination, ftw!
I'm working (well, I should be working) on the sequel for my Cursed trilogy about a girl who's born to hunt vampires but ends up falling in love with the one she was supposed to kill (cliché, I know).
Also, I should be working on another novel, (or novella, I haven't decided yet), Bloodstained which is intended to have a darker style.
I hope I'll finish 'em until I'm 90. :D

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
My family has forced me to take a vacation so I'm not allowed to write at the moment, only do edits and promo. :p

But when my leash is unclipped I'll be returning to the second book in my NA Biker Erotic Romance, 'Exquisite Danger (Iron Horse MC, #2).

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing a rewrite of my second Galactic Seven novel Project Cygnus. A publisher gave me a lot of good tips and advice recently, so I am reworking it. It is and will be a much better novel.

slicing_angel2003

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a sci-fi romance for camp NaNoWriMo. I've had the story around for a while, but never could get it wrote down. I'm revamping characters as I go, and I've got one big problem. My leading lady prefers her sidearm to the romantic interest at the moment. I think I'm going to have to roll with this and hope her emotions level out at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.