amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I personally love cuff links. I've been tempted to buy men's shirts just so I could get a pair. (Plus, then the arms would be the right length for my extra-long arms.)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Still no dishwasher. Got irate call from the installer about 5 min ago though because my road doesn't show up on his GPS. I offered to give him directions and he got more irate, because it didn't matter if he had directions, he needed it to be on his GPS.

Seriously, has technology turned us into morons? Don't answer that.

...as if it's your fault your road isn't on his GPS? Sheesh. No wonder people end up driving into walls because of their GPS.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I offered to give him directions and he got more irate, because it didn't matter if he had directions, he needed it to be on his GPS.

Wonder if this isn't more of an invoicing thing than anything else. As in, he has to track where he's going for work purposes.

Though that does not detract from your "it's turning us into morons" point.

:D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina! There's nothing going on around. Just another lazy day. I'll probably write this evening. I'm going to force myself from now. I'll think of it as a school assignment. Even if I only managed 200 words, that better than nothing. I feel lousy letting my WIP just sit around unfinished.

*giggles strangely*

Oh, look. A procrastination pen. xD
I need one of those.

Now I found a bumper sticker that's amusing.
That's so me.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Horsie is loaded and eating hay. I managed to load him several times and he only made a few tiny and easily stopped attempts at running me over.

I started by jumping him over barrels, figuring this might get it into his head that if he can fly over a 2' jump, he can step up a few inches without the drama.

He did look at the trailer like it was a boogie monster, but after sizing it up, calmed down and went half in without too much fuss. After a few patient attempts he was in, and happy to stand there eating even though the butt bar was down.

Atm he is mobbing me for food for he has flipped his haynet over backwards. Daft horsie, I showed him how to flip it.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well spotted. I didn't see it at all.

Oh and Bos. I think I'll get you one of these for Christmas

Ooh, yes, please. (Though in the men's, thank you very much.)

I fit an L but like my casual tees a little roomier at an XL, so you know.

You were serious about getting it for me, right?

Right??

:e2bummed:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I know I'm not alone in appreciating Ray Bradbury around here so I'm gonna post this linky link to a site where I just borrowed the top image as my new computer wallpaper - Ray really was quite good looking in his younger days.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Horsie is loaded and eating hay. I managed to load him several times and he only made a few tiny and easily stopped attempts at running me over.

I started by jumping him over barrels, figuring this might get it into his head that if he can fly over a 2' jump, he can step up a few inches without the drama.

He did look at the trailer like it was a boogie monster, but after sizing it up, calmed down and went half in without too much fuss. After a few patient attempts he was in, and happy to stand there eating even though the butt bar was down.

Atm he is mobbing me for food for he has flipped his haynet over backwards. Daft horsie, I showed him how to flip it.
Stupid question Fen, but is the horse in your avvie the actual war horse?

I know I'm not alone in appreciating Ray Bradbury around here so I'm gonna post this linky link to a site where I just borrowed the top image as my new computer wallpaper - Ray really was quite good looking in his younger days.
You know, reading his quotes reassures me that I'm not crazy, or at least not entirely. :D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I know, weird, I'm not normally here on the weekends.

So we went to an airplane museum today and I sat in a tiny plane called The Cricket. Mr. K got pictures, it was fun. We couldn't get Little K to sit in any of the planes though.

And that is all.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
May I complain a little? Feel free to ignore if you don't want to lsiten to me whine about depressing family health problems.

yesterday my dad was taken into hospital. Mum is self-employed and doing a talk in London today, meaning she's probably only got home nowish at nearly 11. As a self-employed person, she couldn't really cancel and lose £200. This means I've been the point of contact today. The carers called me at about midday because they hadn't been able to get into his house, as mum hadn't been able to cancel them before she left. Then dad called me to tell me his blood count (?) is still dropping, and he'll be in till monday. So I called the carers and canceled them.

But I'm a bit worried. I've not been able to get in touch with mum, and though I'm registered to make important decisions re treatment etc if mum is not available, I'm a bit concerned that he may become very unwell while mum is out of contact.

I'm worrying about nothing , I know, my dad has had serious health problems for years, but his teeth have now been falling out and he's been vomiting blood and he's my DAD.

And he's been nagging me to have kids and I think it's cause he's worried he's not going to be here much longer, and what if this is it?

So I'm rambling and worrying about nothing, over a man who has been sick for five years and hasn't died yet, but as the secondary contact in cases of disaster it's been a major worry for me that I may have to make a... decision I don't want to at some point.

Sorry.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

No, no... I got this under control.

Nope, I don't!

:roll:

Seriously. I'm 46. I have four grown children, and am about to become a grandmother. I graduated high school before some members here were even born. I'm cool with my age, and being compared to your mom and dad.

Unless, of course, they were assholes. I would be hurt by an unfavorable comparison.

Call me stupid? Or a bad writer? THAT'S when I break out the blunderbuss and start hunting sheep. :D

Class of '87 here, this is Japan so I got no blunderbuss, but...
I have a nice collection of canes, ranging from "leave a nice welt" to "leave a serious bruise" to one nifty "break large bones with ease".

Though, to be honest, I thought you were older, too.

Not a god, she's old thing. More of a maturity, solidity thing.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll get to the rest in a moment, but first this:

So I'm rambling and worrying about nothing, over a man who has been sick for five years and hasn't died yet,

is countered by this:

and he's my DAD.

It's not nothing. He's your Dad. That makes it something, which I'm pretty sure you know. Don't try and convince yourself otherwise.

hug.gif

And it's also the reason why if, god forbid, something happens, you'll do what you have to do because he is your Dad. And he and your mom and whatever other family you have will understand whatever decision you make if that time comes.

I hope it doesn't, and I can only begin to imagine what you're going through (my Mom is gone, but she went quick and unexpectedly, and 9 years on it's still rough).

So vent if you need to.

:)

(And if you're worried about it being a longer post, or recurring thing, we have a section on AW specifically for this kind of thing.)

Last edited:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May I complain a little? Feel free to ignore if you don't want to lsiten to me whine about depressing family health problems.

yesterday my dad was taken into hospital. Mum is self-employed and doing a talk in London today, meaning she's probably only got home nowish at nearly 11. As a self-employed person, she couldn't really cancel and lose £200. This means I've been the point of contact today. The carers called me at about midday because they hadn't been able to get into his house, as mum hadn't been able to cancel them before she left. Then dad called me to tell me his blood count (?) is still dropping, and he'll be in till monday. So I called the carers and canceled them.

But I'm a bit worried. I've not been able to get in touch with mum, and though I'm registered to make important decisions re treatment etc if mum is not available, I'm a bit concerned that he may become very unwell while mum is out of contact.

I'm worrying about nothing , I know, my dad has had serious health problems for years, but his teeth have now been falling out and he's been vomiting blood and he's my DAD.

And he's been nagging me to have kids and I think it's cause he's worried he's not going to be here much longer, and what if this is it?

So I'm rambling and worrying about nothing, over a man who has been sick for five years and hasn't died yet, but as the secondary contact in cases of disaster it's been a major worry for me that I may have to make a... decision I don't want to at some point.

Sorry.

I'll just hug you. :Hug2:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Had a little scare where I thought my laptop had stopped working. To think of all I would have lost—most notably, over a hundred pictures of Lightning from FFXIII and about thirty half-finished first chapters.

I need a new laptop anyway, I suppose. Maybe one that slaps me in the face every time I make a new OpenOffice Writer document. :D

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Had a little scare where I thought my laptop had stopped working. To think of all I would have lost—most notably, over a hundred pictures of Lightning from FFXIII and about thirty half-finished first chapters.

I need a new laptop anyway, I suppose. Maybe one that slaps me in the face every time I make a new OpenOffice Writer document. :D

I love how losing your pictures of Lightning is your primary concern. xD

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The more WIPs, the merrier, dude.

Who says you can't work on over 30 WIPs at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.