Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I turned my characters profiles into the Freak Files. So they are like a medical, psychological, scientific research report for each character, including pictures from birth till now. (yeah i'm a nut job when it comes to finding look-alikes)

For all my other books, they are pretty simple.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have the picture next to the stats and then the background underneath...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have a question. You know the word snarky? Its not technically a word, but everyone i know, knows what it means. I use it alot in every day conversation. Now would it be ok to use a word in a book and forms of it, such as Snarkiness?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Last night as I was falling asleep I ended up with an idea for a Hansel & Gretel retelling, which I think is awesome.

How's everyone else?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hansel and Gretal? You must write!

I'm starting Carla's character profile for Underdogs.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to suppress the SNI that started forming a couple of hours ago. I have enough projects on the list already. Maybe after I finish AM and am partway through the next I can start getting ideas again, but until then I'd really rather not.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I don't suppress my SNIs, I just scribble out enough about it that I can make it go away and get back to whatever I was doing. The basics of this one are that my MC ends up in the candy cottage and the "witch" figure is actually someone who lives there against his will and is required to give kids who wander in to the REAL witch figure who doesn't actually live there. That's all I've really got so far.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I hope it's not weird that Matthew and Carla have similar featuresm though this may change on the model/ideal actor I find for Carla (I've got Logan Lerman for Matthew, even though he's American, he seems pretty much perfect).

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I don't suppress my SNIs, I just scribble out enough about it that I can make it go away and get back to whatever I was doing. The basics of this one are that my MC ends up in the candy cottage and the "witch" figure is actually someone who lives there against his will and is required to give kids who wander in to the REAL witch figure who doesn't actually live there. That's all I've really got so far.

Typically I don't suppress them, either. But this is one that I don't think just scribbling stuff out will be enough. It's another historical, and it's poking at me to start doing the research and get writing. ...Darius is trying to get it to leave me alone, because I'm almost to the part of AM he's been planning for a long time.....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, how do you pick your character's birthdays? I'm stealing my friends' birthdays.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I hope it's not weird that Matthew and Carla have similar featuresm though this may change on the model/ideal actor I find for Carla (I've got Logan Lerman for Matthew, even though he's American, he seems pretty much perfect).
Personally I just decide what my characters look like and then if there happens to be someone that looks like them, so be it.

Typically I don't suppress them, either. But this is one that I don't think just scribbling stuff out will be enough. It's another historical, and it's poking at me to start doing the research and get writing. ...Darius is trying to get it to leave me alone, because I'm almost to the part of AM he's been planning for a long time.....
Ahhhh. I'd scribble it out anyway, just so that I don't lose it before I can start on it.

ETA: I only decide on a character's birthday if it's actually relevant. And at that point I usually choose a season that I want it to be in and say "okay, here's your birthday".

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, sometimes an actor reminds me of my character personality wise, and they are... striking. So I change my characters slightly to look like that.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I would never, ever, in a million years change my character based on an actor/actress.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's very rarely that happens.

Logan is like... adorkable. Matthew needs an adorkable actor.

That is all.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. Mostly i judge if something is a word, if it comes up with a red little line under it in Word. hehehehehe

I've been trying to suppress CWII for the last few months. Its still not really working.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. The closest I have is the guy on Weeping's cover (thumbnail = my avi). He's my MC like, perfectly. But he's just a cosplayer I know, and he came long after the novel was finished.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I would never, ever, in a million years change my character based on an actor/actress.

Same here. In reality the actors need to change to fit MY characters that are freaking set in stone!!!!!! If my books ever become a movie, i making sure the contract allows me to have a say in picking the cast, the cloths and the music. Also i want to be in my own movies, just a small role, like Laura's mom!

(yeah i know that would never actually be able to happen, but i can dream)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Also, he would need contacts, but apart from that... XD

(yes, I fancy him. I like the adorkable types, okay)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hm. The closest I have is the guy on Weeping's cover (thumbnail = my avi). He's my MC like, perfectly. But he's just a cosplayer I know, and he came long after the novel was finished.

I have a pictures folder for each of my LotF characters, and have pictures of my characters from baby to adult. Some more accurate then others. I can never really find a good Jul though.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to figure out if being a half-werewolf would affect Carla's build...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Awww. Well I've already decided that I would never want a movie of any of my books. I'd be too worried that people would screw it up.