The Eldritch Tomb of Unknowable Caffeine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
Yeah, that's the one. :) I'm more cautious than most people because I've already had one mild stalking incident, andIt's just...how on earth do you resist a book+shipping for $6 or $7? (The Children of Pride, btw. Ended up with The Steel Remains the same way [which I highly recommend. The book, not the way.])

I just read The Steel Remains and The Cold Commands, followed by The Dark Defiles. They don't quite live up to the hype, but I'm glad I caved and read them.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I suck at titles, and I need a good title for my next blog post. I'm wanting to talk about sexism, racism and stereotypes in classic pulp, and whether or not they ruin the readability of those books. I know what I'm going to say, references, etc. But every title I can think of either doesn't make things clear, or sound like the title of an incompetently written master's thesis.

Help?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kindle Deals.

Kindle Deals will be the death of my wallet. $2 at a time.

This. This times a th-

This. This times a thousand.

Shoot, beat me to it!

I suck at titles, and I need a good title for my next blog post. I'm wanting to talk about sexism, racism and stereotypes in classic pulp, and whether or not they ruin the readability of those books. I know what I'm going to say, references, etc. But every title I can think of either doesn't make things clear, or sound like the title of an incompetently written master's thesis.

Help?

Ideas:

-"Classical Turnoffs?"
-"Naughty or Nasty? An Incomplete Masters Thesis on Sexuality and Racism in Classic Pulp Literature"
-"Star Wars"

Aaaaaand I'm dry. Not sure that helps much.

Here, have some Capt. Mal instead:

nathan-fillion-effthis.gif

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I'll make you an affogato cookie ice cream sandwich. How'd that be?

Can I have that without the affogato part and just drink the coffee instead? :D

(I confess to a love of coffee in drinkable form - or coffee beans, love to chew on them - but strong dislike in any other form. Coffee stuff - cake, cookies, chocolate, whathaveyou - is just yuck. :tongue )

My knee is feeling a little better today. I can now walk without limping and even bend it a little. Trying to crouch down is still an issue though.

Yay for feeling better. :Hug2:

ION: I've decided that I really want write story that takes place in Pittsburgh. Problem is, I can't figure out what that story is. And should I even bother, considering that I barely write anymore?

Always bother! Always! Even if the story goes nowhere, it's practice, and practice makes you better for the stories that do go somewhere. :)

What LAM said. :) :Hug2:

Kindle Deals will be the death of my wallet. $2 at a time.

I so love my Kindle. Every time I see a reference to a book that's free, I grab it straight away.

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

I'm at the café for now. Let's just say SparklePonies can be total doofuses sometimes and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
good morning all. There was a rejection in my email box today, however, I think somethings a bit confused as the title of the story mentioned in the email ISN"T MINE! o_O Emailed the editor to see what's up.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cobra! I picked up your book last night and pimped it on Pinterest. :) A few people repinned it, so hopefully you might have gotten some extra bites.

Wow, thanks!

I so love my Kindle. Every time I see a reference to a book that's free, I grab it straight away.

This

I'm at the café for now. Let's just say SparklePonies can be total doofuses sometimes and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

More coffee.

Hey hey lady! I can't help but notice sooommmeeeebody's book at the top of the boards. :D

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Gratz, Gina!

DNO3a.gif

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
I read the most disturbing thing about hamsters the other day...

This is probably not the time to share.

*shoos Bos off to the Hounds*

That stuff is for that thread. *holds up big poster that reads Keep The Cantina Safe*

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Which reminds me... I need to go back to my University and see what conclusion they've reached on my course work. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.