The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty close, Doom Bunneh. I took a couple pictures of me in my kilt shortly after I'd gotten to the hotel, and then I got a couple more last night when I was in my faery ball costume. I don't have my camera cable with me, so I'll have to upload them when I get back Monday or so.

And I think people are loving the chapter booklets.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Good! I'm glad to hear that!

And in other news, I got the nicest rejection today from yet another editor who LOVES ToS and thinks I'm the cat's meow but "doesn't know which shelf this book belongs on" and so must regretfully pass on the project.

Damnit. I'd rather get a rejection that says "No. This sucks." than to go through another editorial committee only to get vetoed by the curmudgeon or through another editor who raves about how awesome the story is then shit-cans it to the curb.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
LOOK I'M IN FRANCE.

319740_10151447572245128_506790127_23551387_887319751_n.jpg

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Yay, Squicky's in France! How long will you be there?

Back home from RT (couldn't stay for a full week, which is fine by me because I'm pooped). Today's plan: organize and type up my notes, go through my swag, buy books on my list, write a blog post for Dom, and tweak the career plan based on what I learned this week.

Sorry to hear about the R, Cel. :(

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think RT's officially over this year. I went into Chicago earlier today, hung out for a while, went the same McDonald's twice because I needed cheap food, got an Asian-ish salad from Walgreen's (akin more to a miniature Target than what you'd associate with Walgreen's), and have just finished it for dinner. Got drizzled on as I was walking to Walgreen's but the rain had stopped by the time I left to head back to the hotel. Lying low because I'm pretty flippin' tired right now and feel like I could use about two or three showers (pretty warm; 76 with matching humidity this afternoon). I can't wait to get home to see Maxi, Peter, and my own bed.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Squick! Pikshurs!

Iz happy.

:( Bummed about ToS though. Soooooooo close.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great picture, Lil Squick! I have pictures around here somewhere of me in front of Notre Dame when I was ten. And yes, wise ass, we did have color film in the seventies.

You enjoy yourself in France. If you get a chance to take a day trip, there's a little town called Meaux on the border of the Champagne region that's about 50 kilometers away from Paris. Although the main attraction is obviously the years of summer school I attended in Meaux (you know, claims to fame and all that), one of the loveliest little 13th century cathedrals I've ever seen. And my cousins still live there too. :)

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
Squick! Lovely pics!

Here's one picture from our trip to Florence a couple weeks ago:

6913IMG_1351-vi.jpg

I think these would make a spiffy addition to the Fangsters' snack bar.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I just heard my glucometer explode in the bathroom.

Whatever those white squarish things are near the center of the picture? Don't know what they are but I want them.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I didn't dare go into that store, so I don't know what the squares are, but yeah, they do look good.

The ice cream displays were pretty luscious too.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
So Penumbra got its first review tonight from Tangent Online. Fairly positive--the reviewer had a couple of stories he didn't like (which I find baffling. What sf/f geek wouldn't adore a story of genetically-altered chickens on a genocide mission against the humans who've devoured their species for millennia?) which is to be expected, but loved the appearance of the magazine and the fact that we publish more than two stories.

And one of my USA bestselling authors had this to say in an interview for a major trade magazine:

Q. Currently you're published with Harlequin-Silhouette, Samhain Publishing Ltd. and Musa Publishing. What drew you to e-book publishers after having such a successful print career? Do you see yourself publishing more e-books than paperbacks in the future and if so, why?

Sharon: I truly believe e-books are the future. And yes, I made a conscience choice to go with Musa publishing because I was and am so impressed with their professionalism, passion and desire to publish quality books. Musa is one of the most professional publishers I’ve ever worked with in my 30 years in this business. For the record, Musa is my only publisher now for my new books. Samhain will only publish five of my backlist. All my future books will be published by Musa. It’s been the best, most fulfilling experience of my career. I adore Musa! They have become a powerhouse in the e-book industry in a very short period of time. And my motto has always been: go with the best. And Musa is the best.

So tonight has wiped out a long day of assigning emails from bad authors at Musa into my jackasses folder. I feel strangely...positive now. :D

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
000kad4k

My costume for the faery ball at RTCon. And, yes, the wings are sheer in parts so it's not a case of epic green-screen fail.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a fantastic costume! Very nice job. You look like a badass fairy!

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry the weather was kind of lousy for you guys in Chicago on your short visit. It suddenly got cold and rainy. It was like 70 or something, the week before you got there. Stupid Illinois weather.

Digging the pics. Very nice!