The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Talked to Soccer Mom again last night. Her dad's funeral is Friday. Police, fire departments, and rescue squads from all over are participating in the funeral. She said that a crew from the police department showed up spontaneously to clean her dad's yard, cut the grass, trim the bushes, etc.--and that the house and yard look immaculate. She is doing okay--still exhausted and with a busy week ahead of her. Keep sending her those warm thoughts, though. She needs them.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Only seems fair that this post be in here, during Musa's anniversary month, and Aurora Regency's second anniversary, and with the leaves turning crimson in my yard and having just fired up the fireplace to ward off the chill to make my twenty thousandth post for the Fangsters on my birthday.

Pretty cool, huh?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Just scored tickets for the opening day of the Chinese terracotta warrior exhibit!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:( Just saw the news about Soccer Mom's father. :Hug2:to her and her family.

Read about Beth's cancer scare on her LiveJournal, but didn't get around to commenting because I've been really busy lately with studying. SO glad it seems to caught and removed in time. :Hug2:

In other news, I finally turn twenty-one in three days (on Sunday)! I'll probably have to have the official celebration the following weekend, since I have an 8:45 class the next day. It's my accounting class, so I obviously have to be fully present physically and mentally due to my being an accounting major. And who goes to bed early when celebrating their twenty-first birthday? Hence, celebrating the following Saturday.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy (early) Birthday Alan. Any special plans for your 21st the following weekend?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not much other than hanging out with my friends and buying/consuming my first drink. Nothing too wild. :D Unless the mountain pass closes due to snow, my dad, my dog Dixie, a family friend, and one of his dogs will be dropping by to visit on Friday and take me out to dinner for my birthday since they'll be driving by on their way back from a hunting trip.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First drink, eh? Most folks have had some alcohol before their 21st, but not all. I think I was around 12 when my dad let me take a tiny taste of his beer. I could never get used to the bitter after taste of alcohol. Never developed a taste for it.

I've heard The Long Island Iced Tea is quite an interesting drink, but make sure you have someone drive you home if you try too many of them
. ;)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Before my 21st, I had barely a sip of my dad's beer (nasty!) many years ago and one vodka gummy worm last year during my second year of college. That's all the alcohol I ever had, which was barely even a handful, so I really have no idea how alcohol affects me personally.

Today I'll unfortunately have to spend most of my birthday doing homework, mainly working on a paper. But first I have to go to bed because it's inexcusably late...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Before my 21st, I had barely a sip of my dad's beer (nasty!) many years ago and one vodka gummy worm last year during my second year of college. That's all the alcohol I ever had, which was barely even a handful, so I really have no idea how alcohol affects me personally.

Today I'll unfortunately have to spend most of my birthday doing homework, mainly working on a paper. But first I have to go to bed because it's inexcusably late...
I can't believe you're 21 now. I remember when you were just a puppy.

Happy birthday!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe you're 21 now. I remember when you were just a puppy.

Happy birthday!

Thanks! I can't believe I'm 21 now, either... Seems like it was so long ago that I was a little puppy here on AW.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like bananas. Does that make me a fruit fly?