The Walking Dead - AMC

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I personally didn't like the crap Carol was saying to Daryl. What's up with the women whispering shit in the men's ears trying to start crap? Isn't it hard enough without all of that?

I felt bad for her at first, what with that ass she had for a husband, and then her daughter becoming a flesh eater and then watching her die, but now I'm just not liking her much. It seems as if she has nothing better to do now than try and start shit.

I don't mind Rick leading, especially as long as Daryl is his wing man. Together, they can provide safety for the group. Not sure what to think about Lori, other than I just want to slap her. :shrug:

I'm very interested in what's going on with Andrea right now and where that goes. Her run and battle with the zombies was very impressive. It made me like her more.

Is this show ever coming back on? sheesh, Oct. is too long of a wait. :e2bummed:

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
There's a The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview weekend sometime in July -- wait a tick that's THIS month -- DANG! :D Well anyway, there will be a special Talking Dead airing and sneak peek or on-set/behind the scenes-ish look at season 3, along with a black-and-white airing of the first episode of the series on AMC. July 7th & 8th.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Jeh! Very cool, I'll have to remember to check that out. *marks it on calendar*

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
There's a The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview weekend sometime in July -- wait a tick that's THIS month -- DANG! :D Well anyway, there will be a special Talking Dead airing and sneak peek or on-set/behind the scenes-ish look at season 3, along with a black-and-white airing of the first episode of the series on AMC. July 7th & 8th.

Oh my T-Dog, I can't thank you enough!!!

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I personally didn't like the crap Carol was saying to Daryl. What's up with the women whispering shit in the men's ears trying to start crap? Isn't it hard enough without all of that?

I felt bad for her at first, what with that ass she had for a husband, and then her daughter becoming a flesh eater and then watching her die, but now I'm just not liking her much. It seems as if she has nothing better to do now than try and start shit.

I see what you're saying, but she seemed to defer pretty quickly to Daryl when he said Rick had honour. I think she's pretty out of her depth - she's used to being ordered around by her husband, and I have a horrible feeling that's what she considers authority. Which, up 'til now, has not been Rick's style at all. Remember when Daryl was trying to push her away, and making nasty comments, and she just stood and took them? She even seemed to be inviting him to make more. Almost as if that's what she's used to, men talking to her like crap.

I don't know. I'm giving her a chance, anyway. But if they do go down the 'whispering crap behind people's backs' route, I'll be a little annoyed. it's a cliched role for a woman.

I
don't mind Rick leading, especially as long as Daryl is his wing man. Together, they can provide safety for the group. Not sure what to think about Lori, other than I just want to slap her. :shrug:

Funny thing is, if Daryl had better people skills I think he'd make a great leader. It's a shame he's kind of socially awkward. But he and Rick make a good team. Lori just needs a slap. Maybe it'll pop her bug eyes back in.

I'm very interested in what's going on with Andrea right now and where that goes. Her run and battle with the zombies was very impressive. It made me like her more.

Me too. running through the woods for near 12 hours? Awesome. She definitely earned her badass badge. I'm wondering, though, if she's set to be 'Shane-with-a-vagina', since she was definitely showing shades of that in the previous season. Of course, the Big Long Zombie Fight might have knocked thatout of her.

Is this show ever coming back on? sheesh, Oct. is too long of a wait. :e2bummed:

I'm just hoping we don't get too much of a lag in the UK

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Me too. running through the woods for near 12 hours? Awesome. She definitely earned her badass badge.
Agreed. That was one of the most purely horrific sequences in the series, which is saying something. Alone, in the woods, being relentlessly pursued by, literally, monsters out of a nightmare. Most people wouldn't be mentally tough enough to deal with that. Andrea showed she was, but reached her physical limits -- which is when somebody psychotically badass showed up.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I just hope his return doesn't change the way Daryl acts. I can see his brother knocking him around and calling him a pussy for being with the group that left him for dead. I hope Daryl stands up to him. Of course, Merle may just try to kill them all. I sure he has a few pent up hostilities over the whole losing of the hand thing.

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
I just hope his return doesn't change the way Daryl acts. I can see his brother knocking him around and calling him a pussy for being with the group that left him for dead. I hope Daryl stands up to him. Of course, Merle may just try to kill them all. I sure he has a few pent up hostilities over the whole losing of the hand thing.

It was kind of foreshadowed in Daryl's hallucinations that he and Merle probably aren't as close as we might think - Merle seemed quite antagonistic, and Daryl dismissive of his contribution to his upbringing. I'd actually like to see the two at odds -it'd be an interesting dynamic, the cocky know-it-all older brother vs his socially awkward but super competent and badass sibling.

Also, Merle's return might mean T Dog gets to do something other than carry Lori's bags.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
It was kind of foreshadowed in Daryl's hallucinations that he and Merle probably aren't as close as we might think - Merle seemed quite antagonistic, and Daryl dismissive of his contribution to his upbringing. I'd actually like to see the two at odds -it'd be an interesting dynamic, the cocky know-it-all older brother vs his socially awkward but super competent and badass sibling.

Also, Merle's return might mean T Dog gets to do something other than carry Lori's bags.

I was thinking of when Daryl was alone and hurt and he hallucinated seeing Merle, his demeanor changed drastically (that's when he started chopping off zombie ears and hanging them around his neck). It was his brother's hallucinating influence that changed him.

:D Yes, I definitely think T Dog will be in the next season a lot more. Hope Merle don't kill him, that'd suck, right when we finally get to see him act.

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking of when Daryl was alone and hurt and he hallucinated seeing Merle, his demeanor changed drastically (that's when he started chopping off zombie ears and hanging them around his neck). It was his brother's hallucinating influence that changed him.

:D Yes, I definitely think T Dog will be in the next season a lot more. Hope Merle don't kill him, that'd suck, right when we finally get to see him act.

That is true. However, I thought he might have been acting in defiance of Merle - not-Merle was goading him and Daryl rose to that challenge, almost as if to prove he was as much a man as his brother.

PamCam

Registered
Reaction score
I saw it yesterday and even though it started boring it turned up to be as good as Lost. Watching Season 2 now

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:D

I was torn between the gun, crossbow, or katana. My first thought was, gun. Killing at a distance sounds like a good idea and it's quick. But then I thought of bullets and running out, and that the noise attracts the zombies. So, then I thought crossbow. It's silent, and deadly, but not as quick and you could run out of arrows if you didn't have time to retrieve them, or if there were too many zombies around. So, in the end, I voted for the Katana. :Shrug:

I think the best bet is to have all of them on you at all times during a zombie apocalypse.

However, Dragon's fire beats them all. :D But it wasn't an option.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hello, folks. Comic convert here. A couple of months ago my girlfriend and I blasted through both seasons in short order. We're now salivating over the next one. JUST GET HERE.

BTW, to those saying they don't see how the story could possibly keep going for a long time without drastic changes (admittedly, this was months ago--I only just now found this thread), I disagree, especially if they keep pulling the rough outline of events from the comic. Keep in mind that the entire series thus far only covers what happened in the first twelve issues of the comic book series . . . which is now at issue 99.

So, steel yourselves! Plenty to come, if they see fit. *Mr. Burns finger steeple*

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Weapon of choice for ZA; I gotta go with the machete.

A katana looks like it takes precision and skill to handle.

I wouldn't feel like tracking down my arrow for the crossbow.

Guns are very useful and convenient, but run out of bullets and are noisy.

And a brick only goes so far then I'd have to retrieve it -- I wouldn't wanna carry a bag of bricks around anyway.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
This is one of those times when my choice isn't on the poll. I'd try to obtain both a crossbow and a sword. Not a katana; I'd prefer the European longsword I already have. Or possibly a Scottish broadsword.

Maybe I'd get one of those cool-looking reverse limb crossbows.

ETA: Though a short, stout spear might be best. Six feet maybe, with a pointy conical head. Really, a beefed-up version of the kind of stick you'd use to pick up trash in the park would do fine.

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
Crossbow for sure. Crossbows make you sexy. Daryl is living proof.

Just spent my hard-earned shekels on a compilation of vols. 1-8 of the graphic novels (issues 1-48 I think) Bargainous!