This Prophet Speaks the Rhythm

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
That's the cover I came up with in my avatar spot (and a temporary fare-thee-well to my longtime forum-mate little Ms. Lidell). The link is in my sig below. First I was going to print it myself, then I thought I might lulu it, or e-book it. Finally after a year of trying to figure out formatting I decided "fuck it," just post the shit somewhere and move on with your life.

So that is what I have done. I hope people will read it and maybe leave a few comments, good bad or otherwise. This is the first 30 years of my poetic life. I am ready to put it behind me and move forward with the new stuff I am working on. Thank you to anyone who takes time out of their life to give it a look.

Love.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is an unexpected feast. I skipped through once, stopped and read here and there.... bookmarked. Good stuff, Scott.

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Kyla B!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, thank you, Scott. And if ever you do pull this or other pieces together into a physical book, it will go on my list. (The list of "Ima buy this soon as I have the cash.")

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting!! I had no idea you were such a controversial poet!!

The poem about Julian Jaynes - did you post it here awhile back? I was so into that book, but truly, could not finish it no matter how I tried. I did have a few, minor discussions with others (at the time, back in the 80's) and I'm still fond of the concept of the "evolving schizoid-mind" as it applies to folks I've met. Thank you for posting these poems!!

Last edited:

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting!! I had no idea you were such a controversial poet!!

The poem about Julian Jaynes - did you post it here awhile back? I was so into that book, but truly, could not finish it no matter how I tried. I did have a few, minor discussions with others (at the time, back in the 80's) and I'm still fond of the concept of the "evolving schizoid-mind" as it applies to folks I've met. Thank you for posting these poems!!

I had no idea either. It just sorta happened. You remember correctly, I did post "But Julian..." here a long time ago. As I remember you were the only one who got the reference, and that is why I fell head over heels for you. Hippie that you obviously are. XOXOXO thanks for giving it a look.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Lord, Mags, that book! Now I remember....

there was this guy who kinda stalked me for a while years ago, not terribly creepy but more determined than willing to take a hint, and one thing about him was he tried to INSIST that I read that damn book.

I never did. Moderately interesting theory, IMO, but nothing worth worshipping, like some people did.

(sorry for the derail)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. Will report in days...