What are you reading?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm making my way through The White Road, the fifth and latest book in the Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Clive Cussler - Black Wind.

Re-reading as I think it's one of the best out of the AMAZING Oregon Files. Better than Dirk Pitt.

Dr.Gonzo

Wonderfully Irreverent
Registered
Reaction score
20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill

Never read it, but Heart-Shaped Box is excellent. I could tell it was Stephen King's son without being told.

I'm reading Lullaby by Palahniuk for the second time. Not his best but still good.

JulieHowe

Spent the night with Jack Daniels
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading:

Dying to Cross (Jorge Ramos). Intense reading, a true story about what happened when sixty (or possibly more) migrants were placed into a refrigerated truck with the A/C turned off and they were driven several hundred miles across Texas.

Just started:

Married Lovers (Jackie Collins)

Maine2

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Just got finished reading The Lonely Polygamist It was actually alot better then I thought it would be.

nocturneequuis

Has Loquacious Fingers
Registered
Reaction score
Currently finishing up Dune by Frank Herbert which, to be honest, is not quite as epic as I thought it might be. The whole messiah can do no wrong complex is really getting to me.

Also reading Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane and I quite like it. The heroine is fun and I like that she's not a typical heroine in that she curses and has a drug addiction. Who says you have to be heroic to be a heroine? Plus she seems to have good appreciation for manflesh. Yum

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I finished Dune a few minnutes ago and now will get started on Eye of the World, by Robert Jordan.

lucky8

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk which was a bit of a slog. Surprising as I usually race through his books. Now reading The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry as a bit of swotting up before I start my creative writing course in October. I haven't done very well at poetry in the past to trying to improve

Dr.Gonzo

Wonderfully Irreverent
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished reading Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk which was a bit of a slog. Surprising as I usually race through his books. Now reading The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry as a bit of swotting up before I start my creative writing course in October. I haven't done very well at poetry in the past to trying to improve

The shorts are good but the narrative thread that links them had me chewing concrete.

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished What The Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell. Love him.

Starting Sustainable Energy- without the hot air by David JC MacKay.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Geektastic last night and loved it. Just (finally) started Don't Panic: Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Neil Gaiman

JulieHowe

Spent the night with Jack Daniels
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Put down and walked away:

Married Lovers by Jackie Collins. The main character was too vain even for my taste, and I'll read just about anything.

About to start reading:

Visas For Life by Yukiko Sugihara, a true story about a Chinese couple who saved the lives of many Jews during WWII.

Chasing Justice: My Story of Freeing Myself After Two Decades on Death Row, by Kerry Max Cook.

A Colored Man's Journey Through 20th Century Segregated America, by Earl Hutchison, Sr.

thewakingself

Plays with fire.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on a non-fiction kick lately.

Almost finished with Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond. Super interesting.

Just started A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century by Barbara Tuchman.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I just started it.

I read a few Regency romances where the prose outpurpled my own. LOVED them.

I just bought I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings and The Count Of Monte Cristo for my son. He's reading classic Lit lately and I am beyond happy.

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Richard Morgan's MARKET FORCES. Morgan is an angry man, railing at injustice, shouting at apathetic people (like me) to wake them up. Every time I finish a novel of his I feel slightly bruised.

Last edited:

Dr.Gonzo

Wonderfully Irreverent
Registered
Reaction score
Less than Zero for the third time so then I can read Imperial Bedrooms.