• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What's On Your Mind About Your Writing?

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
I'm trying to decide on which WiP to focus on for submission to Viable Paradise. My problem is that I love ALL my ideas. *flails*

I have narrowed it down to three ideas, all that are far along enough that I can submit the 8k + outline/synopsis. But I can't chooooooose. :gaah

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Boy this new WIP is turning into a bigger learning experience than I had dreamed... I wrote an erotica scene yesterday that I knew wasn't going to be the best and still sent it to my best friend for her review, despite the fact it wasn't up to my insanely ultra high standards for even a rough draft.

There were problems with it, just like I suspected, and ones I couldn't see. I'm thanking my lucky star my BFF knows a lot more in that area of erotica than I do and she's helping me get it "just right". Thankfully the foundation was pretty good so at least I don't have to toss the rough draft out and overhaul the entire scene. I'm pretty critical of my work even in its ultra rough drafts and was on the verge of tossing it until she reminded me I can write, I just need to hone my natural talent.

If it wasn't for her and others I know, I would have given up on writing long ago.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if I can completely bypass writing a synopsis.

mgherron

Scribbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mgherron.com
My short stories seem to have settled into a 2 month lifecycle from beginning to submission. It seems like this is way too slow but I don't know how to write any faster with my schedule, day job, social life etc. And I don't want to rush through and submit anything less than my best work. That's what's on my mind.

magickalfantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to find a plausible way for my main character to meet two very important people to come into her life and trigger the next 16 years of her life.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to find a plausible way for my main character to meet two very important people to come into her life and trigger the next 16 years of her life.

School?

Work?

Online Forum?

Mutual Hobby?

Church/Place of Worship?

Laundromat?

magickalfantasy

Registered
Reaction score
School?

Work?

Online Forum?

Mutual Hobby?

Church/Place of Worship?

Laundromat?

I thought about her meeting them in a park, but they're gods. It's possible, but I can't figure out what gods would be doing hanging out in a park when they probably have better things to do. :/

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
I thought about her meeting them in a park, but they're gods. It's possible, but I can't figure out what gods would be doing hanging out in a park when they probably have better things to do. :/

I always picture Gods to be simpler beings than what they seem. Yes, they are all powerful and omniscent, but what if they enjoy sitting in the park and feeding the pigeons like everyone else?

Nina Kaytel

I spell Gray with an 'E''
Registered
Reaction score

I read enough Dark Hunter novels (well I read them all) to say: they are Gods they can be wherever the fudge they want.

Nina Kaytel

I spell Gray with an 'E''
Registered
Reaction score
I am on the last chapter of the massive bloody over haul of The Black Sunrise. I applied everything I learned from AW and on my own. The result is fucking beautiful. It only took three weeks -- another edit will follow then submit for critiquing.
My cousin sent back the cover art for the Alundra File. Waiting on a beta. A couple more edits then I e-publish.
OMG! I am sooooooooooo close.
*ear splitting girlish screams*
I taste victory.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I was going to cut chapter five and skip straight to chapter six. Instead I wound up with a patchwork remix where I threw chapter five and chapter six into a blender and then a sieve. I normally hate writing chapter six, and I don't know why, but this one's way more fun than usual because I get to knock my heroes off a bridge and into a soup of rotting corpses below.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
I am on the last chapter of the massive bloody over haul of The Black Sunrise. I applied everything I learned from AW and on my own. The result is fucking beautiful. It only took three weeks -- another edit will follow then submit for critiquing.
My cousin sent back the cover art for the Alundra File. Waiting on a beta. A couple more edits then I e-publish.
OMG! I am sooooooooooo close.
*ear splitting girlish screams*
I taste victory.

Go go go!! :partyguy:

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I wrote over 2000 words yesterday! That's the most writing I have done in a long time, especially in one day. I don't want to go back to work today. I know it will kill my mojo.