Where to Sell Your Novel/Story

mariedees

Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick note. Both Awe-Struck and Hard Shell Word Factory were acquired by Mundania Press, who also owns Phaze Books. This means that authors with any of the lines are in-house for any of the other lines. It opens up submission possibilities a bit.

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I recently signed on with Evernight Publishing. They take all types of romance. The books aren't going on sale until October, but they're actively looking for submissions.
Great to work with and amazing cover art.

http://www.evernightpublishing.com

I also don't see my other publisher on the list: Siren-Bookstrand. They're quite large now and take all heat levels of romance.

http://www.bookstrand.com

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Cathy C (and everyone else on this thread) for the list! :)

I didn't realize the many possibilities of e-books.

I've always liked sweet m/m stuff (and am thinking of writing some), and I rarely saw anything like that in my nearest bookstores. The only m/m books I can find are Japanese yaoi manga/Light Novels (and, sadly, fanfiction, lol!). :D

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Cathy C (and everyone else on this thread) for the list! :)

I didn't realize the many possibilities of e-books.

I've always liked sweet m/m stuff (and am thinking of writing some), and I rarely saw anything like that in my nearest bookstores. The only m/m books I can find are Japanese yaoi manga/Light Novels (and, sadly, fanfiction, lol!). :D

Many e pubs do take various heat levels. Most should specify it in their guidelines. Good luck! :)

Jupiter

Registered
Reaction score
My Weekly Pocket Novels

Hi
Just to let you know that the guidelines for My Weekly Story Collection (My Weekly Pocket Novels) have changed since the original post.

Their required length is now 50,000 words and they pay £300 for First Cheap Paperback Rights.

Submissions should be sent to Maggie Seed at the D.C Thompson address.

No royalties are paid.

After publication, the novella can be offered to a large print publisher (e.g Ulverscroft) for library distribution. The large print publisher will pay around £400 for the large print rights.

Books borrowed from libraries in the UK will earn the author approx £0.06 per lend.

I think quite a few authors will then put their novellas on Amazon as ebooks.

They will go for sweet romances, kissing is great but nothing more explicit than that.

I haven't subbed to D.C Thompson myself ( I can never stop at just kissing :D) but those who have seem to speak highly of them.

Dash

writer/editor
Registered
Reaction score
Crimson Romance call for submissions

Hello Absolute Writers!

We're sharing news about Crimson Romance, a new imprint from Adams Media. Our wonderful line of smart and sexy romances launches in June, and will be available in both eBook and print. Crimson will feature five popular subgenres: romantic suspense, contemporary, paranormal, historical, and erotic romance (spicy but romantic).

We're looking for terrific new voices and engaging romantic tales, with a focus on full-length novels. Submission info and guidelines here:

http://www.adamsmedia.com/call-for-submissions

We're accepting manuscripts now, and can't wait to roll out the books. Hope you join us!

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on their anthology. I was trying to see when they would do another one. I don't know if I'll make this one though. :ROFL:

Keep checking back. They've done a few of them and my guess is that there will be more.

Personal Prose

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone for your recent sales. I can't imagine the feeling of getting that first call.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Special Call for Submissions - Valentine's Day!

Special Call Theme: Valentine's Day
Genre: Traditional Regency Romance
Submissions close: September 15, 2012

Although the first known connection of Saint Valentine's Day to the notion of romantic love dates back to a poem written by Chaucer in 1382 and the earliest surviving Valentine dates back to the Duc d'Orleans' to his wife in the 15th century, it was during the Regency era that the Valentine really took off!

Most Regency Valentines were hand made and sometimes embellished with real lace and ribbons, enterprising printers and factories began to produce limited runs of paper Valentines with pre-printed illustrations and verse. In 1797, The Young Man's Valentine Writer even offered suggestions on prose. The Year's Festivals by Helen Philbrook Patten offers a glimpse of Valentines verse from 1812.

Do you have a Regency hero dying to try a little Valentine verse on the object of his affection? A heroine who received an anonymous Valentine and is desperate to know who the anon is? Or a clever matchmaker itching to use the power of Valentine's Day to bring two erstwhile lovers back together?

Aurora Regency is seeking submissions for Valentine's Day themed Regency romance for our 2013 release schedule. Submissions close on September 15, 2012.

Submissions must be:
* Between 5,000 to 120,000 words in length. Yes, we publish short stories, novellas and full-length novels!
* Traditional Regency romance only, which means sweet. No pre-marital sex, and the bedroom door is firmly closed.
* We will consider reprints to rights reverted stories.

To query, please send the following to [email protected]:
* A query letter including the word count of your story and note that it is for the Valentine's Day special call.
* A full synopsis of your story and the first twenty pages of your manuscript embedded in the email (paste it into the body of the email).

Please address all queries to Elaine Golden and include "Aurora Regency" and the title of your manuscript in the subject line.

Aurora Regency is an imprint of Musa Publishing. For more information, please visit us at www.musapublishing.com

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
I have a friend who is writing a paranormal romance with one heroine who ends up with two heroes -- not sure yet what the heat level will be. Can anyone point me to the print and e-pubs who publish triads or love triangles?