Roll Call, AW Conservatives

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
There aren't many of us left.

DonRoc is done. He was a wise voice here. Kuwi was a noble voice here once, but he left because of Mac. Thrilly has gone bye-bye. Billy was always willynilly, but that was okay. Haskins, the biggest asshole on the planet and the one we conservatives rallied behind is gone. Is deek still about after all his bannings? He must hold a record. How about ol' CaptS? How 'bout III, he was a moderator here once, ya know.

Why are they all gone? Is it really because they have seen the light of the liberal side, or is it something else?

How does a conservative make any point here when the powers that be pile-on to every post they make? What do you say that RugCat takes a damn breather every once in a while? Thank God Robieaeiou is around, or that moronic tool would rule the place.

Ya want some examples? Look for some, any, and all dogpiles involving Medi, Mac, SHankins, Blac, and others. Dig 'em up for yourselves with everyone who was banned from here over the last two years. Ninety percent of them were conservatives.

It is Mac's place. I get that. However, it seems there is a sense that the P&CE board is a reasonable representation of the political climate which exists at this time. That is absolutely untrue. It's fine if Mac wants to push her agenda and her political points, but it needs to be absoutely clear that she's pushing an agenda and a political viewpoint.

Yeah, it's Mac's place, and I understand that much, but it's a bit of bullshit to shutdown any gripe, anything which doesn't pay into Mac's political leanings gets banned forever. I was an 'arpiter'. Sweet gig, if you can get it. I'd like, at least, to have some sort of explanation of why I was removed from that position. No, that respect was not offered to me. I still haven't had any contact with Mac since. Nice.

So I challenged Blac's supporting faulty scientific methods, so what? That wasn't disrespectful. He called me a 'complete asshole', so he lost it, not me. But that was enough for you folks. Nice. Think about that for a little bit.

Wasn't I once one of the trusted ones? Think about it, Mac, you might have made a mistake. Now you have, obviously, Blac as one of your trusted few, or one of those liberal few. Enjoy the interaction.

I was once an arbiter here, and I would think that would provide me, at least, a chance at an explanation. Others haven't had the respect of any explanation, either. Don't we, at the very least after our service to you, deserve some explanation from you? Some reason? We got nothin'.

I know a couple other former 'arbiters' who would love to understand why they are 'persona nongrata', too. Perhaps it would be nice to share an email to us explaining how we're so vile that we're unwelcome now. We're not looking for any public showing of what and why, but at least some contact about why or how we supposedly failed your tests or value system or however we supposedly failed you. You owe us that much.

That's bullshit of the first order and leadership fuckup fundamentals. If you wanna run this place, Mac, you need to stand up a bit. You toss people off who are your best attractions, like Haskins, and fuck up any real relationships you had, like mine.

You need to get a grip, fast, because you're losing what this place is really fast.

You damn well know I'm not fucking around with this, Mac.

Last edited:

Andrew

Most of the rules gotta go...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't believe the problem is one of having "seen the light of the liberal side," I think it is mostly because the exchanges are so predictable. We know what liberals will write before anything is posted and they know how we respond too.
I suspect we have as much chance changing minds as they do.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Funny that you post this, Joe. I've always thought you had a worse temper than me, and that's saying a lot. But if you think Mac hasn't personally stepped in to tell me to cool it, you're wrong.

(Granted, I don't regret anything I've said.)

Andrew's also right in a lot of ways. Sometimes, I just don't bother posting in a thread because it's so wearying to rehash the same arguments.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't believe the problem is one of having "seen the light of the liberal side," I think it is mostly because the exchanges are so predictable. We know what liberals will write before anything is posted and they know how we respond too.
I suspect we have as much chance changing minds as they do.
I mostly agree with that, and that's one reason why I rarely participate in the political discussions here. It is a little predictable, but I guess no more so than old men sitting around the courthouse or college students at the local coffeehouse. Still, at times it just get tiresome for me; however, I don't have any issue with those who find the political discussions here interesting, or useful, or an engaging activity, other than perhaps with those who post something they've gleaned from dubious websites.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I don't have any problems with anyone or anything at AW. And I don't find any anti-conservative bias coming from the owner or other modly types.

You guys are gonna get this playground permanently closed. Cut it out or go someplace else.

And I'd prefer that you just cut it out, because I don't want you to leave.

*wipes away single tear*

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto, Rob. I don't think anybody here is favored because of political leaning, quite the contrary. . . .

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There aren't many of us left.

DonRoc is done. He was a wise voice here. Kuwi was a noble voice here once, but he left because of Mac. Thrilly has gone bye-bye. Billy was always willynilly, but that was okay. Haskins, the biggest asshole on the planet and the one we conservatives rallied behind is gone. Is deek still about after all his bannings? He must hold a record. How about ol' CaptS? How 'bout III, he was a moderator here once, ya know.

You know, Joe, in all seriousness, maybe they just have better things to do. . . .

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Joe you're all right in my book, always have been. But, you may be a bit off base here and I'll tell you why. Mac allows every voice and all opinions if stated in a fundamentally respectful and somewhat educated manner. I for one have posted some outrageous opinions or took really opposing views and have been cautioned to keep the dialog on point but never admonished for the point I was making, albeit banned once when a newbie for not staying on point.

Where the trouble starts is in the Fucker, asshole, dickhead side of things flare up and the personal tirades begin. There are many ways to call someone an asshole without actually referring to the term, and Mac not only allows verbal jousting but has encouraged it.

There's no doubt that she is opinionated, (aren't we all) but again she may argue her point and totally disagree with your post, but if your post is respectful and on point, it stays up regardless of content, and I know she hasn't agreed with everything I've ever said.

You're a good guy in this thing Joe and maybe the politics has gotten in the way a bit, step back and let some of it roll off your back, get a breath of fresh air, (not a Palin reference) and take another look. I hope you work through this, you helped me out once, remember.....

Gary

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still here, but I no longer post in any of the controversial threads. I catch enough flak in the non-controversial threads.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I tried to think better of it, then thought again...
You owe us that much.

This is the internet, or at least a corner of it... somebody else's corner at that.

We all arrive, each time, voluntarily, and hang out here on somebody else's dime.
Sure, some of us have contributed to the upkeep, monetarily and/or otherwise, but no one here, not the site builder or the floor sweep, or the folks who keep the power on, owes us a thing.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any problems with anyone or anything at AW. And I don't find any anti-conservative bias coming from the owner or other modly types.

You guys are gonna get this playground permanently closed. Cut it out or go someplace else.

And I'd prefer that you just cut it out, because I don't want you to leave.

*wipes away single tear*

QFT.

I tried to think better of it, then thought again...

This is the internet, or at least a corner of it... somebody else's corner at that.

We all arrive, each time, voluntarily, and hang out here on somebody else's dime.
Sure, some of us have contributed to the upkeep, monetarily and/or otherwise, but no one here, not the site builder or the floor sweep, or the folks who keep the power on, owes us a thing.

And this, too.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
As a formerly active, conservative voice, I'd like to address this issue.

I've stopped posting here because I was investing too much emotional energy and time into the discussions. As the time was my employer's, that was becoming problematic. Dashing off a quick post in a writing-related thread is one thing. Taking time to craft a thoughtful political argument is entirely another. That's my reason.

Also as a conservative, I have brought this very issue of a left-wing bias to Mac's attention, and she takes it very seriously. I also brought to her attention the over-balance of left-leaning arbiters, and that's one reason why Rob was brought in.

Arbiters need to be able to step out of their own biases and look at a thread dispassionately. It's hard to do and none of them (including Mac) do it perfectly, but it think over all they do a good job. Certainly better than I could. An arbiter needs to be able to separate the post from the poster. I think Rugcat in particular is good at this, but I've seen it in all of them. I have received positive rep comments from all of them, even though we've disagreed on issues.

As a conservative, I too see a left-wing bias to this forum. However, I suspect this is mostly due to my own biases. I tend to see arguments I agree with (even when stated harshly) as reasonable, and those I disagree with as abusive. Does Mac do this? Quite likely. But she is far more fair than I am. At one point, Mac offered to make me a mod of this room, but I declined because I simply get too caught up in the heat of the argument.

As a moderator, however, I see things that none of you do. I see the complaints that the mods as a whole and Mac in particular see. I see the behind-the-scenes discussions and the back-channel communications. I see complaints from the right saying that lefties (like Blacbird) get to say whatever they want without challenge. I also see complaints from the left, saying that righties (like Joe270) get to say whatever they want without challenge. I also see Mac trying really hard to balance these diametrically opposing viewpoints. On the whole, I think she does a really good job.

I see very long discussions in the Mod Room about problematic posters from both the right and the left and the agony of deciding how to balance free speech and respect for other members. None of you realize how much time the mods put into trying to make this place fair for all.

This room isn't perfect, but I don't know of a better, more balanced place on the internet.

Last edited:

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
So far I've never had a problem with Mac, except for one time when she deleted a post in an abortion topic, and the points I felt were relevant. That to me was when I felt she stepped over the line in pushing opinions. However that was the only time I've ever had that happen to me personally, and other then that I don't have a problem with Mac at all.

Otherwise, I can't say that I've got the same view as you joe. In general the place is pretty friendly for the most part compared to other forums I hang out in, and that's why I'm still trolling around.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Is it okay if I say I'm a little disappointed that there are no complaints about me in this thread?

Clearly, I need to try out the subtle-insult stuff everyone does around here. I think my problem is that I'm too straightforward with my anger.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Are the burger joints around there that bad?

(Close, but I wanted to be a dogpiling lefty :( )

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize that these conservatives weren't posting anymore. Haven't some of them posted in the last few weeks?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize that these conservatives weren't posting anymore. Haven't some of them posted in the last few weeks?

I thought Haskins was posting just a few days ago, but my head is in a bit of a haze, I am in the middle of a life changing crisis. I miss all the good stuff, I didn't even notice Joe had lost his title thing. Shows how much I pay attention.