Bloomsbury open call for titles in the 33 1/3 music writing series (open until 3/3)

AustinT

Just keep on writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, AW friends -

Bloomsbury has put out an open call for proposals for volumes in the 33 1/3 series. If you're not familiar, it's a great (and highly interesting) collection of books written about specific rock and pop albums put out in the last 50 years. They're nearing their 100th volume.

I submitted a proposal when they put out their last call a few year ago. Mine wasn't selected, but I left the experience feeling encouraged. I'll eagerly be giving it another go this time around.

Details are here:

http://333sound.com/2014/01/30/open-call-for-proposals-2014/

Good luck, if you decide to go for it!

sara_ash

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for this, AustinT. I won't be submitting, but I definitely will be reading. I've never heard of this before.

kimcooper

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a book in the series (on Neutral Milk Hotel) back when it was easier to get a pitch accepted and had a great experience. It's unique that authors are encouraged to write whatever sort of book they think best tells the album's story, whether that's oral history (like mine), a novel, extended record review, etc. There are some interesting books in the pipeline: I'm particularly looking forward to Tara Murtha's upcoming volume on the great Bobbie Gentry.